So I'm hearing a lot of milestone reversals lately on this website and I for one has been a victim since 2012. I got multiple milestone reversals ranging from $10 to $60. This year is the worst, $250 milestone gone last week, and $100 as of today (obviously employers got free work and I had to pay for a fee for accepting projects). So for freelancers out there who uses this site, is this site still promising "secured payments"? Is it still worth it to build your profile on this website but not worth using as a portfolio to prospect customers because this website has a lot of negative reviews when searched online? I've been here since 2010 and it was not like this before. So for those old freelancers who are still using this site, what are your thoughts and opinions.5 лайк (-а,-ов)
Спрашивайте и учитесь у фрилансеров-экспертов
If a milestone is reversed, it would be for two reasons.
1. A valid reason that you've not upheld your part of the bargain, and the employer wants a refund of the money paid to you. In this case you need to work it out with the employer and if it does not work out, then contact freelancer through the dispute system. If you've been hit by multiple milestone reversals, you have probably some extremely dodgy customers, or have failed quite spectacularly, the former, I'll cover in my second point.
2. The dodgy employer - I have seen my fair share of dodgy folks - and it has resulted in losses for me. In retrospect, if I knew that I could raise disputes with Freelancer.com and claim my payment, I'd have done it for at least 5 of the projects that are now affecting my completion rate. You need to follow up with freelancer.com through the ticket system and/or the chat interface.
As for paying to accept, it's Freelancer.com's means to ensuring they get paid for the service you provide. There will also be instances where the employer will disappear after awarding the project. If this happens, you can cancel the project and claim a refund of your project fees.
It may be a good idea to read the terms and conditions before signing up.
in last 3 months i have lost more than 6000$ due to reversal of payments and all clients got work and closed jobs with 5 stars .......when i ask support for it they only say we follow procedures on our side.Means last years closed jobs funds are now keepreversing.Few clients responded on my issues and they said they have nothing to do with reversal as they havent got funds back neither they complaint about us so what is the problem what is going on here ?i am here from past 4 years and it was very rare before this year the reversals but this years clients award job and dissappeard and seems like very low project award rate in last 4 months as well5 лайк (-а,-ов)
I have also faced same issue of Reversal of Payment after successful project completed. I lost my $200 USD. Freelancer.com is not taking any action regarding this issue and freelancer has to suffer from this big loss. Encourages fraud Clients to do it by not taking any action. They say that we close fraud client account and reverse all his payment, by doing this only that fraud client will be benefited and we have to do our work at free of cost.3 лайк (-а,-ов)
It happened to me too. I think some employers are trying to use this and get free work. I was a member since 2006 but now thinking of not using this site anymore. This is not a good platform for freelancers.2 лайк (-а,-ов)
I have also faced same issue of Reversal of payment after 100% completed and got 5* feedback.i have lost my 245USD.Freelancer.com should take action against this problem.1 лайк (-а,-ов)
I am currently -120 USD for 2 projects. Yes, i lost 100$ working here, after reading and contacting support i pulled this summary:
0.1 Freelancer terms are unfair for starter/small Freelancers, but you agree to them before you understand them - it is not their fault. Misleading advertisements/promotions on such minor scale are not against the law
1. Freelancer.com is employer website, once you accept a project - you have no rights.
2. You have to trust your employer - if you do, you don't need to use Freelancer.com
3. Disputes are biased towards employer, even if you completed 100% of the work, they will dispute 5 star rated work and Freelancer.com will give them discount.
4. Milestones are made for protection... of employer.
5. Upfront payment is the only secure way (which can be disputed, even years later)
Conclusion, Freelancer.com is a job market connecting people for money - any extra services they provide is to enforce this, not quality or work protection, connecting people and taking fee's
Statistics of Freelancer.com are inflated, public posts by CEO or representatives are mainly lies or changing values, Freelancer rating is 2 stars.
Look at the bottom of the website, in 13 years only 25mil registered users and only 12mil projects, there is hardly 500k people using it, from which there are duplicates, fake profiles and fake friend referrals (Complete your profile!!!)
Same Same I feel some frustration from this platform I think it is time to see other platform0 лайк (-а,-ов)