Win $5000 in Freelancer's article writing contest. 100x runners up win $50 each.
- Статус: Open
- Награды: $6000
- Полученные заявки: 233
Краткое описание конкурса
UPDATE: We've extended this deadline to 10 Dec 2021.
*** Please avoid long sections dedicated to how great it is to use the platform. This isn't a hard core sales pitch. It's a how-to piece. We hope that the process you describe in the article speaks for itself and naturally and elegantly positions Freelancer.com as the obvious choice to get done the job you're describing.
Claim your share of US$10,000 by joining our 1500-word article writing challenge!
To enter this contest, we want you to write an exceptional article on the topic of:
How to get X done on Freelancer
We want a 1,500-word article on how to use Freelancer.com to get a certain type of work done. You can write on any topic (see attached spreadsheet for ideas)
How to get a song composed on Freelancer.
How to get a Shopify store set up on Freelancer.
How to run a logo contest on Freelancer.
How to get articles written on Freelancer.
How to build a mobile responsive website on Freelancer.
How to get your pagespeed insights to green on Freelancer (and why it matters!).
Include how the reader might use projects, contests or even both (if you’re writing about multi-stage tasks) in order to accomplish the work you’re describing.
Choose a topic that is original. It can be in an area as niche as you wish. As finalists, we'll select articles with a diverse range of topics. So make sure you pick an original area. The contest will not be sealed, so you can see what topics have already been chosen, and whether you think you can either write a better article on that topic, or choose a different topic.
Your article must:
- No longer than 1,500 words
- Contain screenshots of the workflow you’re describing
- Explain why a project or contest (or both, any mix or number) are the best choice for the work you’re describing
- Not start off by saying how hard or challenging the task is to do (yes, we make it much easier, but - we don’t want people to begin with negative thoughts in their head)
- Contain links to the relevant hire pages where appropriate (for example www.freelancer.com/hire/graphic-design)
- Use proper heading styles (H1/H2/H3/etc)
- Contain a subtitle of between 145-165 characters (THE TITLE AND SUBTITLE DO NOT COUNT TOWARD THE WORD-LIMIT FOR YOUR ARTICLE)
- Contain a template that the reader can cut and paste into the “tell us more about your project” field to help them follow the instructions in your article and properly brief their project or contest to the Freelancer community. This should be no more than 4,000 characters. THIS DOES NOT COUNT TOWARD THE WORD-LIMIT FOR YOUR ARTICLE.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Whether or not you’ve followed the instructions above
- The quality of your written English
- How easy it is for an average reader to follow your instructions
- The originality of the topic you’ve chosen
- How well your article convinces the average reader to take action (like post a project, hire a freelancer, etc). Note: please don’t be over-the-top salesy, it should be natural
We will be running the contest in two rounds:
In the first round, we will select up to 100 articles that have been submitted. If your article is selected in the first round, you will win $50 cash and make it into the second round.
In the second round, the judges will decide on the best article, and grant the winner $5,000 cash.
Please create two versions of your submission, a Gdoc and a PDF. Place the Gdoc link at the top of your PDF and submit the PDF to the Freelancer.com contest page. This LINK WILL NOT COUNT TOWARD THE WORD-LIMIT FOR YOUR ARTICLE.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
As conditions of winning a prize in this contest, you agree to give Freelancer worldwide, perpetual royalty-free non-exclusive rights to publish the article and use it in our marketing materials. Prize winners will have their articles published with credit attributed to the author.