Looking for designer to create a small beautiful 3D nature based environment in unity that is optimised for mobile phone (2018 models onwards).
This is a reasonably small job but it needs somebody thoughtful, experienced and professional.
The main aim is to create a natural world that looks realistic. Designed carefully to prevent lagging on phones through design to keep the poly count down.
Talk to me to find compromised ways to achieve.
The reference images links below are just reference links. Therefore, I am looking for a designer who can collaborate with me to discuss the best way to achieve similar effect for mobile phone scene optimisation -
1. Photorealistic look
2. Designed terrain and placed vegetation to give the 'illusion' of realistic natural setting, but also make design tricks to keep the scene poly-light and poly-effective.
3. The necessary scene is only small - something like 100M human diameter. Background can be low poly.
4. the player DOES NOT move. So the design of the environment only needs to have detail around the player. Then slowly (effectively) designer can create the illusion of detail in distance. For example, larger trees and rocks and mountain in distance.
5. OPTIONAL - Designer who can do some small coding for the GPU instancing / LOD is welcome.
- Designer is welcome use their own 3D nature assets for optimisation.
- I can share this pack - [login to view URL]
- This 3D scene will be inserted into a VR app.
- This scene is for mobile IOS and Android - Unity3
- Environment needs to be as photorealistic and detailed as is reasonable in the foreground (without over heating phones). Discuss with me how to do this with the achievable poly count.
- The player is not moving. Fixed position. Only looking around. So that simplifies issues of poly count.
- Designer will create Sun and lighting, water.
- Sunset scene lighting. Clear sky. Dusk. Sun on the horizon.
[login to view URL]
- Look at the video from 36 seconds to 52 seconds only. This video gives you a good idea (36 seconds to 52 seconds), what I'm looking for. A lake scene with forest and rocks and small mountains around. Ignore all the river sections in the video.
- Reference 2 - [login to view URL]
Please advise before we work together if you need me to provide any of the assets (or you already have them in your library).