I have a fairly new ASP.net website that allows businesses to post their upcoming events and activities using a subscription based model. The site functions fine but there are some things I would like to change regarding the flow and function of the site for the businesses & users. They are listed in the detailed description as they will not fit below.
Below are the requirements for our project:
1) The signup process for a business requires them to choose a subscription (either free or paid) that signs them up for a year. However, the current backend setup forces the business to reselect their plan before every single posting which makes no sense and confuses the business. I would like this to be eliminated so that once the plan is selected (and paid for) they no longer have to reselect it before each posting.
2) We would like to add an option (for the paid subscriptions only) to be able to upload a properly formatted file (.xls) with all of their event listings to add them automatically to our listings.
3) Currently, if a business has an event that occurs on the same day of the week/same time of day, they can just click each date on the calendar during signup to add those additional dates. This is very tedious so we'd like to have it so there are options for them to do it quicker. First would be 3 buttons they'd choose from to choose how often the event recurs, either every a) month b) bi-weekly or c) weekly then they would fill in a date until mm/dd/yyyy. A good example of this is at this other website's signup area: [url removed, login to view] under the 'Event Recurrance Information'
4) Currently both businesses and users signup using the same form thus within the admin area it is difficult to separate out businesses and users. If we could either set up on the signup form a simple checkbox if they are a user or business or just create 2 separate forms, one for user and one for business, it would be very helpful.
5) Currently we do not ask the user if they want to add their email to a list to receive future newsletters. We'd like to add this on signup.
NEW 6) Currently, the site is set up so that if a business pays for their postings, they are labeled 'premium' and not only are the listings posted at the top of their category/search but also on the main page. I would like to alter that so that only the Business or business logo is listed on the main page as a Featured 'Business' instead of all of their postings. When someone would click on the business logo, they would then be taken to a list of all of their postings. I do know that you can currently view a list of each business's listings AND businesses can upload their logo, so we'd just need to sync these up and make it appear properly via the main page.
NEW 7) I would like to add a widget that lists a running total # of events/postings currently on the website. Specifically, this would include each and every class date and time. If you see an example listing at [url removed, login to view], you'll see a main listing then on the bottom right a list of 'Additional Times and Dates'. Each of those additional listings needs to be counted in the overall #. We can place this widget accordingly. Something that says like "Currently X Classes & Events Listed" which updates automatically when another event is added/removed.
These changes should be fairly straightforward and not take too much time/effort so I'd appreciate if you keep the price reasonable. Thanks.