We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We are excited about unlocking the potential of every home by redefining the stay experience - bringing it to life through our end-to-end management service that delivers thoughtfully designed interiors, smart algorithmic pricing decisions and an attentive service.
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology,hospitality and real estate investors. Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, chose to partner with us for their first foray in to serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch. The pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
You will lead the finance function working closely with our executive team to optimise the way we run our finances, and:
• Optimise company’s financial and strategic position.
• Lead, motivate and develop the Finance team in the UK and oversee finance functions in other regions with appropriate qualified team members.
• Implement correct controls and checks across the business.
• Streamline month-end control and preparation of timely management information reports and presenting these to the board of directors.
• Set up financial reporting for company-wide monthly budgeting and forecasting and against each department within the business to partnering with Leaders to drive growth.
• Set up financial reporting for monthly budgeting and forecasting.
• Develop and provide business performance analysis that enable business improvement.
What can you bring?
• You are ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified
• You have 10+ years’ of progressive experience within finance and accounting.
• You have 1-2 years of experience in Financial Director role, heading a commercial operation with international presence.
• You are an influential leader who will have the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• You have experience of working within high growth companies
• You have experience working with operational business
• You are able to optimise the processes and controls of the financial department;
• You have experience in liaising with investors and other financial stakeholders;
• You are thought leader, possess a commercial and analytical mindset and apply it to everything you do!
• You have a hands-on approach and are a problem-solver.
• Ideally be fluent in more than one European language including English
• A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
• Competitive salary
• No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
• Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in 9 cities in Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
• Cycle to work scheme
• Pension contribution
• Discretionary bonuses