General Purpose & Functionality
The Customer Display App (CD App) is a stand alone app acting as a companion to the Shore POS iPad app (POS) that will mirror the basket and the checkout process to the customer in real time.
Also some custom content like special offers can be shown. When the POS is locked, the CD App shows either a custom video or image if configured. The configuration and content upload is done by the merchant in a separate Web App (POS Manager).
The CD App will be connected to the POS by entering a POS ID or scanning its QR code. That will subscribe to the events sent by the CD Service via a websocket service ([login to view URL]).
Currently such an app already exists on iOS. We also want to expand this to Android so merchants can use any tablet to connect to their POS System.
In future iterations the CD App will be used for extended features. Nothing of that should be implemented now but please consider these features if they will have an impact on architectural decisions.
- Digital signing of documents by the customer
- Entering customer information on screen
- Browsing product catalogue
- Finding follow up appointments on a calendar view
- Scanning vouchers, loyalty cards or other docs (OCR or 2D Codes)
- Merchant / Employee: The person setting up the customer display & using the POS
- Customer: The girl or guy looking at the customer display (and interacting with it)
Minimal tech requirements
- Android 10.0 or above
- Resolution 1280 x 800 or above
- WLAN / LTE
- 2 GB RAM or above
- Back & Front Camera
Basic App Attributes
The attributes the App should be associated with are stable, quick, easy to handle and clean.
More Details like Screens see in the attached file