Yump is an award-winning Australian web development team specialising in UX and website transformation. We help not-for-profit and cause-based organisations build reputation, drive engagement and boost funding.
Your job will be to help build and code new websites using the latest technologies, communicate professionally with clients, and pursue excellent, award-winning work.
You’ll be working with highly motivated and independent people, passionate about our clients, the positive impact they make in the world, and the positive impact we can make in our community.
We’re a close-knit team with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. We love the challenge of solving big problems, and being dedicated to bringing the best solution to the table. We see the diversity of our team as an asset and are supportive of new ideas and perspectives.
You’ll be working directly with our designers, user experience experts, project managers and clients, so we value great communication, such as the ability to explain complex things in simple terms. We also value great teamwork, and taking personal responsibility of your contribution to the final product. You’ll take ownership of your deadlines, code quality, and tasks.
We want you to love working for Yump, regardless of your location. We are all motivated to build a positive, supportive culture with a focus on great results for clients and work-life balance.
You will gain:
- Experience working on high-quality projects for some of Australia’s most well-known, socially-conscious brands including many not-for-profits
- Being part of a great team culture that emphasises compassion and work-life balance
- Exposure to the latest technologies and best practices in front and back-end development
- Mentoring from an experienced and award-winning team
- Opportunities for networking and professional development
We're open-minded about your location, as long as you are at work and in contact with our team during Australian business hours (9.30am - 5.30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time)
This is a full-time, ongoing position (after an initial 3-month trial period).
Read more about Yump at [login to view URL]
- Back end coding (Twig and PHP) to integrate designs with Craft CMS (primarily) and occasionally other PHP frameworks and CMS’s (WordPress, CakePHP, concrete5 etc.)
- Communicating with other web developers to collaborate effectively
- Communicating with clients to clarify requirements, obtain feedback, and capture bug reports
- HTML5 & CSS3 – Some experience coding designs and layouts to a high standard, using media queries, and building robust layouts that work across devices and all major browsers (iOS/Android mobiles & tablets, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE11)
- Excellent English – good grammar and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- CMS Experience – having integrated website designs with a CMS on at least 5 previous projects
- PHP – the ability to write custom functions, include files, grab get/post variables and manipulate form data. (Ability to produce clean, object-oriented code a bonus.)
- Git Source Control
- Attention to Detail
- Photoshop – basic manipulation to extract layers, slice graphics and optimize for the web
- Planning & Estimation – ability to accurately estimate the time required for a project and keep to timelines