I would like to enable my ssl verification to a subdomain pointing to third party hosting. The third party site told us to install a reverse proxy server.
Below are the instruction on how to setup the reverse proxy server
You will need root access to your server, the ability to configure apache and the ability to install a SSL certificate. In principle a small virtual server should be adequate.
1) Setup a LAMP server for your domain.
2) Purchase an SSL certificate for your domain.
3) Setup apache to serve your domain using https:
For the proxy specify SSLProxyEngine On
4) Setup apache to work as a reverse proxy using one of the following configurations for your Apache Virtual Host.
# We're not an open proxy
# Proxying is available for anyone
Allow from all
# The site we're proxying
ProxyPass / [login to view URL]
ProxyPassReverse / [login to view URL]
5) Create an A record for your domain pointing at your proxy server's IP address. If you have previously created a CNAME record for non SSL don't forget to remove it.
6) Install mod_evasive to block excessive traffic from individual IP's and prevent your entire proxy being blacklisted
apt-get install libapache2-mod-evasive
These are appropriate configuration values to enter in [login to view URL]
If you are not using a LAMP proxy server, make sure your server sends requests with HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST set as your domain name.
Please inbox me. Thank you.