To help Design & Build Manager with working drawing packages, Building Regulations and Tenders on a freelance basis.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATE
- Sound knowledge of all Building Regulations, particularly relating to residential work.
- CDM including understanding of proposed 2015 changes
- Knowledge should be based around traditional building techniques & detailing
- Understanding of more contemporary construction and design.
- Previous experience on high end residential projects
- A desire to achieve a very high attention to detail
- Good understanding of design, proportion and composition
- Strong CAD skills to be able to produce drawings quickly but correctly
- Knowledge of M&E systems and integration including home automation
- Production of schedules for all building elements
- Ability to cordially deal with Contractors and trades in the office and on site desirable.
- Working within a small team of Design and Technical Staff
- Knowledge and experience of interior technical architecture desirable to help on interior packages. Need to know how bespoke joinery is constructed.
- Access to car and full driving license
- Ability to act autonomously once given a set of tasks, but not afraid to ask questions or admit a limit to their knowledge.
- Punctuality critical and a good head for time management
- Organised and good work planner
Printing runs and organisation of drawing package issues including issue sheets.
Previous use of extranets desirable.
CAD SKILLS REQUIRED
- Vectorworks preferable but can work on AutoCAD if it is on their own machine
- 3D modelling skill (SketchUp) Desirable
- Use of other programs including Photoshop & InDesign desirable.
- Must be very experienced and efficient with relevant CAD software and be able to quickly and accurately produce detailed construction drawings with some interior technical detailing.