Task is to produce opinion articles at an ongoing basis (or batches of 10-20 articles for one of the contributor-model publications e.g. Forbes).
You should be familiar with the format - it is all about opinion and teachable moments (do NOT send me any seo, technical or other irrelevant writings).
These are the basics (and enough, message me if you can do that):
- you should have previously published in a known media outlets (not your own blog or LinkedIn)
- you should understand the difference between regular reporting and perspective-driven opinionated writing
- you should be able to work based on very light ideas and run with it (creative writing style)
- theme is creativity, art and its application to business
And that would be perfect:
- you should be able to create short idea pitches/mails to pitch editors for story placement
- if you are able to overtake idea-creation/pitching activities, potentially extendable to a part-time job
- come up with ideas and suggestions, coordinate more long-term projects (ebooks, guides, etc)
- you should have a basic understanding of current management trends/fads
(easy fixable - if I like your writing style, happy to buy a bunch of mainstream biz books for your to skim)
- be pro-active and push me if I am slowing down
Please send me only a short hello and 2-3 links to your most high-profile articles. I don't care about anything else. Paying around $125 per 600-800 word article (they need no research etc.)