We're looking for experienced Fiction editors that are able to edit and rewrite translated short stories, into engaging and exciting, native-level English. We have a very high volume of content and are looking to build a team of around 20 – 25 editors that will edit stories over a long-term basis, getting to know the stories, characters - and really make something of their own.
NATIVE SPEAKERS ONLY - FIXED RATE NON-NEGOTIABLE - ONLY $10 BIDS ACCEPTED
We work for an online fiction company that creates ‘Chapter by Chapter’ stories that have weekly / daily updates, to keep readers coming back – so we have a constant stream of work.
My name is James and I am the project manager for this project. Our company is called Content Guyz and we specialize in linking non-native English speaking companies with talented English content writers and marketers. Our client for this project is an international online fiction company that caters mostly to young adult and teen readers – so if you have any interest or knowledge in this area that will be a great plus.
1. Many of the stories contain adult (not pornographic) and / or LGBT content – please only apply if you are comfortable editing these kinds of stories.
2. We are only able to accept $10 bids - if you bid higher we will not be able to award this project to you.
3. The workload is expected to start at between 5,000 - 10,000 words a week but can become as much as 30,000+ if you can maintain quality. W
4. We are not looking for editors to simply correct the grammar / spelling, but also really rewrite the content so it is suitable for Western audiences – so fiction writing / editing experience is required.
5. We are happy to work with both individuals or agencies.
6. The rate is $8 per hour (per 1000 words) for the first 10,000 words and then $10 per hour after that, once you have shown that your editing is of a high enough ability.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Native-level English (You will be tested ad your work frequently checked. Please only apply if you have native-level English.
- Experience writing / editing short stories
- Knowledge of trends in teen / young adult fiction
- Reliability and ability to work to deadlines
- Consistency – If you are editing 20,000 words per week, then all 20,000 words need to be edited well. Our client is very strict on this so please only accept a workload that you can do.
- The ability to bring characters to life
- A flair for making stories interesting
All experience levels are welcome to apply and we are happy to work with individuals and agencies.
We are ready to start immediately.
Attached is an example of the kind of content you'll be editing.
The main themes are Romance, Thriller / Suspense, Fantasy / Sci-fi, LGBT, and 'Nerd' Fiction (stories involving gamers / larp etc).
I will deliver you very high quality editing and rewriting where needed. I am familiar (and excited about) the genres you have mentioned, and I will edit with precision and passion.
39 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $10/час
Hi, I'm a native level English speaker with quite a good experience in editing stuffs. I'm really interested to be a part of your team and I assure you that I'll satisfy your expectations as per your guidelines.
I do write, proofread, edit etc. different types of contents like marketing communications, question papers, questions, answers, book reviews, summury etc. I can be a good resource for your job.