About Our Site
We run a popular Lord of The Rings Fansite, with a forum, blog, and currently, we're planning to establish a wiki covering information on every character, object, weapon, storyline & even in the LOTR universe.
About The Job
1) We will be allocating topics on various characters, objects, weapons, etc, in the LOTR universe, such as 'Legolas' or 'The Black Arrow', with instructions and resources, along with the word requirements.
2) You don't have to know anything about the Lord of The Rings Universe, there are numerous other wiki sites already covering these topics, you'll just have to rewrite the content based on those, following a similar style and structure, while ensuring uniqueness, conciseness, and understandability.
Take a look at a sample article here - [login to view URL] (We require you to follow the same style and structure while maintaining 100% uniqueness)
3) The overall style and tone of writing must be similar to that of Wikipedia and other Wiki sites, that is, precise and concise sentences, and formal writing style, with no unnecessary fillers or conversational statements.
4) There is very little brainstorming or research involved, all you have to do is reproduce the content as written on the other sites in your own words, while ensuring readability, accuracy, and uniqueness.
5) You'll also have to format the article as per our requirements, which will be shared with you during the onboarding process. It will be a simple template, which can be applied to each topic without any additional effort.
6) You have the flexibility to work based on your own timings and terms, and can deliver anywhere between 1 to 5 articles per day based on your bandwidth. Since you only have to rewrite existing content, and the large number of resources available for these topics, most writers will be able to scale up deliveries fairly quick.
7) Once you submit the article, it will go through a process of moderation before being published or delivered to the end-user. During this process, our editors and moderators will be checking your articles for grammatical and spelling errors, along with its compliance with the requirements and instructions provided.
8) If the delivery is found to be unsuitable for any reason, you'll be asked to revise the article based on the comments and feedback provided by our editors and moderators.
Who Can Apply?
1) We're open to applications from people across the spectrum, irrespective of your educational qualifications or experience.
2) If you have a passion for writing and love working from home, you have a place with us.
3) You are free to make your own timings and take on any number of articles you’re comfortable working with. Some of our existing writers work 7 to 9 hours a day, delivering as many as 5 articles, whereas a few others work only on the weekends, on just 2 to 3 articles per week.
4) Having prior experience in writing for either online or offline publications isn't necessary, but an added advantage.
5) If you've had a blog of your own or have written for any online blogs, that too can be considered in your application.
6) Professional qualifications and degrees in literature, journalism, etc, are again not necessary, but an added advantage.
7) As mentioned earlier, you need not be a LOTR fan or have even read the books to work on this, all the information required will be available in the resources provided.
Salary & Overall Compensation
1) All new writers will start with a base pay of INR 200 / 1,000 words. With the depth of instructions and resources provided for each topic, 1,000-words should take about 1 hour to complete successfully.
2) After the first month, rates will be revised to INR 350 / 1,000 Words. The earnings potential with this gig is limitless. Our top writers earn on an average INR 30,000 to INR 45,000 per month, working full-time, on as many as 4 to 5 topics per day.