Parameters for RadioCopyScipt
1) script to be placed into the source directory and run - must allow for multiple instances
2) script looks for a [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] file and if there is no [url removed, login to view] or .ini file then it will create once the required parameters are defined and the start button pressed.
3) User will select source directory and then select destination directory
4) user will tick days of week for the file to be copied (example tick mon tue wed thur fri sat sun)
5) then tick/check time in military format 00:00 to 23:00 hours in hour ticks
6) Once user defines days and time, then clicks start. Script then copies first filename defined with a sequental filename. example [url removed, login to view] TO the destination directory Script must use alphanumeric sorting and filetimedate to determine filetimes
7) Program will make a log and copy the first sequental filename to destination at the set time and wait till next defined transfer time
8) program will update the log each time it writes the next sequental file (an If-Then will check the destination directory. if 2 files are present then delete oldest file after the next file is copied. The reason for this is, when the first file is copied, the playback program will lock that file (.mp3) so when the next copy event the script will copy the next sequential file and the program plays the next newest file it will release the first file. When the next file is copied, there will be 3 files in the destination directory.
9) if the program is shutdown for any reason, if it is run again, and it sees the log, it will poll the source directory and resume the time/day copy and continue with the next file.
10) Lastly, the program needs to provide some status as to next copy time and day based on the rules that were saved to the [url removed, login to view] at first run. Status can show the source dir and the dest dir and time and tick marked days in the GUI however maybe a small countdown clock would be added.
11) if the [url removed, login to view] is read and some additional files are added to the directory, then those will be appended to the que.
Script will allow mp3 music files to be copied at certain day and hours into a playback (destination) directory in a looping fashion.
example: Radio show has 20 episodes -tuesday and wednesday at 1 pm a serial radio program will play a new episode. So the source file must be copied at noon on tuesday and a new episode will be copied at noon on wednesday, this will continue until all 10 episodes are copied and began again.
Script will recover if stopped or the computer crashes or is shutdown. If user clicks stop the log/.ini will update and once restarted it will overwrite any changes to setting (time and days)
I would make this using a background running application instead of using an auto hotkey script. This would make it run much smoother an allow for more customization