Looking for a Drupal expert (configuration and design) for getting a Q&A site (in many aspects similar in functionality to Answers by Yahoo or help dot com - but definitely not a clone) built.
The site should include the following functionality:
1) Users will be able to enter questions and relate them to one or more categories (for example: love, relationships, sports etc'). All pages will display the list of categories in the sidebar.
2) Each question will be answered by one or more user.
3) User that asked a question will be able to rate the provided answers.
4) In order to post questions, users will need to complete a simple registration with the site. The registration page will include personal details as well as the user's Myspace and Facebook profiles etc'.
5) Users will have a mini profile page., listing their details, friends avatars and 10 latest posts.
6) Users will be able to upload photos and post them in their mini profiles. User will also be able to create an avatar for him
7) Users will be able to “add” other users as friends and contact them via email (stored in system).
8) Users will be able to create groups and join groups
9) Site will allow three types of users: Admin, Regular and Expert (users that posted 250 answers are eligible). Modification of user status will be done by Admins. For expert users, system will automatically post a short bio line that includes a link on any answer they provide.
10) Each question page will include links to Digg, Stumble, [url removed, login to view]
11) Site will feature a tag cloud (displayed in different page)
12) Full functionality spec will be provided to the relevant vendor.
1) The site design should be clear and simple (no flash or fancy graphic). Little Photoshop work is expected.
2) Site design should allow place for ads.
3) Full look & feel spec will be provided.
1) Site will be built on Drupal. 5.10 is fine
2) Developer will be using released Contributed modules (not developer snapshots, not the Answers or the Questions module - as they do not fit our needs). No coding should be required for accomplishing this task.
3) SEO: (1)Site will use clean URLs. (2)Site will automatically set Custom Title, Meta keywords and description tags. However, Site admin should be able to modify title and meta tags manually for selected pages. (3) Site should include a Site Map. (4) All links from answers should be no followed
4) Site should include a contributed SPAM filter
5) The site will be developed on my hosted server. You'll get FTP access and admin rights.
1) This gig is a simple one if you have the right Drupal expertise. Please apply with a portfolio of you work to make sure we are on the same page.
2) Delivery time for the live site is 19/10. If you can't make it by then – please don't apply.
3) You should be able to speak clear English and interact via Skype and Google Talk.
4) Good work will be rewarded with more similar gigs.
5) A reasonable warranty period of online support is expected. We can negotiate a longer support agreement if both parties are satisfied with work done.