REQUIREMENT: Content required for two online practical education programs targeting university students wanting to work in an investment bank in the United Kingdom at organisations like JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs etc.
OBJECTIVE: Give students an opportunity to sample 'a day in the life' of a graduate / junior working as an investment banker in the UK, whilst building experience in the typical tasks that would be required on the job.
Create content for 2 programs representing a different topic or focus area of investment banking. Each program must be made up of simulated tasks typical of the type completed as a junior investment banker. The delivery of the task instructions and the description of how to complete the task should be the same as though the student was a graduate / junior of the organisation (see more below).
For the two programs:
- There must be 5 tasks for each of the programs that follow chronological order (e.g. research, consolidate and analyse findings, present recommendation).
- The two programs must cover different areas of investment banking in the UK (e.g. corporate valuation, financial management, UK regulation)
- The programs should take 5-7 hours (i.e. approximately 1 hour per task)
- The tasks should be a mix of easy, medium and challenging and work in that order
- Each program should have its own common narrative (e.g. Program 1 focuses on X client situation, Program 2 focuses on Y client situation that the tasks break down and resolve)
Both programs MUST:
- Be targetted to first or second year UK university students. Assume the students have some introductory accounting / finance knowledge.
- Be developed at a level of a graduate or junior working at an organisation like JPMorgan or Goldman Sachs.
- Be relevant to UK firms.
- Be creative with the task types to maximise student engagement. For task delivery, this can include text (e.g. paragraph explaining the task in an email or slide or Word document), voice recording (you would draft the script), recording of a conference call (you would draft the script). For students submitting a completed task, this can include uploading a file like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email or voice audio.
- Have tasks that incorporate 2 or more skills each (e.g. 'modelling' or 'stakeholder engagement')
- Set the student up so they can complete the programs with everything available within the program - i.e. all useful resources to complete the tasks are available such as templates, links to reading, examples of similar documentation (e.g. "Here is a model we prepared for another client in case it's useful").
WORKING WITH US
This project will be split into 2 parts:
1. Planning an outline of the program by providing the information in 'Part 1' below, then having a phone call to discuss with a representative of our company. We might provide feedback at this stage.
2. Build the content (we will discuss separately the template to build the content).
List 5-10n key focus areas in investment banking (type of activities performed)
List 5-10 types of tasks a graduate investment banker may be required to perform
List 5-10 skills a graduate investment banker gains in their first year
List 5-10 factors that make a 'good' graduate investment banker (skills and attributes assessed in performance review context)
List 5 or more potential program topics with 1-2 sentences on each to explain