ENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for specimen receipt and preparation, records creation, reporting of results and transferring data to accounts receivable. Ensures all patient data is obtained and maintained in accordance with all applicable HIPAA regulations.
1. Performs all of the following:
· enters test requisition data into computer creating an accessioning record which includes: patient demographics and physician data, test requests, ICD- 9CM code, and testing priority;
· initiates an audit trail if any data required for the accessioning record is missing or ambiguous. The trail is initiated from the billing menu when accessioning data is transferred to accounts receivable;
· produces bar code labels
· affixes replicates of labels to test requisition and specimen (blood or other) containers;
· prepares specimens for testing by centrifuging tubes for tests requiring serum or plasma;
· distributes specimens to appropriate departments for analysis;
· communicates with extended care facility (ECF) to correct, clarify, or add any information found to be in question or missing on the test requisition;
· communicates with the Laboratory Director and/or the Compliance Officer if accessioning irregularities have not been resolved at the time of accessioning.
2. Modifies test request data after obtaining previously missing, incomplete, or physician clarification information.
3. Enters patient information for potential new clients provided by facility
4. Follows established protocols to determine which patients’ test result data requires immediate reporting by telephone (ALERTS).
5. Communicates with nursing personnel at ECFs to relay ALERT test values.
6. Maintains appropriate documentation (JCAHO initiative) of nurse’s name, title, and “read back” of all ALERT call-in results.
7. Ensures timely and accurate transfer of patient, physician, and billing information from the test requisition into computer patient database.
8. Ensures timely and accurate transfer of physician’s request for laboratory testing from the test requisition into computer requisition file.
9. Ensures timely and accurate printing of any accessioning records, worksheets, and audit trail reports.
10. Maintains excellent attendance to ensure responsibilities are met.
11. Ensures all work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner at all times in accordance with generally accepted laboratory practices.
12. Works in general office/laboratory setting. Position requires extensive computer and phone utilization, and extended periods of sitting.
32 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $23/час
Hi , I have read the project description and i can handle this job for you. Refer to Private message and send further details to start. I'm ready to start asap. thanks Kool
Dear sir, I have more than 7 year's experience of medical billing and well command over demo entry, charge entry , payment posting through ERA/EOB follow up on AR etc. please inbox me for more detail. thanks
I believe I am the most qualified for the job bcoz I have done this work before from a Netherlands base company you could visit them at [login to view URL] and ask about how I work. Thank you and Good Day
Hello Sir, I am ready to work with this project on 16 Dollar/ hour. I am Manzoor, graduated in Commerce and have 8 years experience in accounting including 2 years in GCC. Good knowledge in Ms Office and Tally
I have many years of experience in the medical field that includes charting as well as coding and billing. My experience also included extensive knowledge of medical terminology