The project is to create a local version of OSM (on a remote server).
It will include approximately 20 small countries.
The trick is that I need a script that will allow me rename automatically the streets on my local version. The local instance will need to communicate with OSM to receive all updates (new streets, buildings, POI, etc…) and once the data is on the local version, a script will run locally to rename the streets.
This way, the personalized names will only be visible on the local instance and the local map will also stay up to date to the official OSM (except for the names). The country instance will be updated on a weekly basis from OSM. For example Netherland, week 1 will be NLD 1, week 2 will be NLD 2. Every time the data is pulled from OSM, the script will rune to rename all the streets. OSM geometry “line” will be used. Each line has an ID. The value of each ID will be replaced locally.
The database will be stored in a csv file containing all the new names (can also be SQL as Openstreetmaps uses postgres). Not sure it’s quite clear, if not, I am happy to have a quick chat.
1. Set up a local instance of OSM (remote server) and set a weekly update
2. Set up a report summarizing all changes after every update
3. Set a script able to overwrite the OSM street names on the local instance every time the local instance is updated by OSM (names will be stored on a csv file. Street identifier will be “line” ID from OSM, csv values will replace streets attributes in the local instance of the map)
4. Make sure the process is automated You will need to work on your local environment and when ready, replicate on my server.
5. Preferably use ubuntu server
- Deliverable in 5 days top
- Instance on production server working with no errors (map, update, report, script)
- How to document: full and highly detailed step by step process Please read carefully before bidding in order to ask relevant questions.
6 фрилансеров(-а) готовы выполнить эту работу в среднем за €178
Dear Client. Nice to meet you. I have completed this kind of project a lot. So I'm sure I can finish this project more quickly than deadline. I'm looking forward to contacting with you. Best regards.