Request for Proposal is to develop and manage an online digital learning platform to
i. Boost teachers’ and students’ fluency in English as a second language (ESL),
ii. Build skills in higher level numeracy (multiplication, division, logical reasoning) using interactive games, and
iii. Develop teachers’ ability to utilize the platform to strengthen instructional delivery in these skills and to support students’ use of the platform to complement classroom instruction.
We are seeking a provider for the following services:
- Adaptation or development of an electronic learning platform, operating in mobile phones (conventional phones and smartphones) and tablets, for the purpose of developing teachers’ and students’ skills in (a) English as a second language and (b) basic numeracy (multiplication and division). The platform should use a simple, user-friendly interactive system that responds to the needs of students living in rural and remote areas, most of whom have limited experience in the use of mobile devices.
- The platform is expected to be operational in areas with limited connectivity, therefore requiring either offline capability or lightweight systems that allow for functionality in slow connections. The platform’s structure should allow the project to collect back-end data on usage by students and teachers, and generate reports of user performance in interactive activities.
- Technical support to the adaptation of content (digital lessons, activities and games) to mobile-friendly digital formats, promoting high levels of learner engagement regardless of their ability levels. The platform is expected to have an initial basic content framework.
- Develop a dashboard that allows access to content and activities and user-friendly assessment tools to students and teachers.
- Ongoing technical support post-deployment.