I’m looking for a project collaborator to help me design, develop and deploy a website which is focused around financial data and analytics.
The website will have a large database of historic, as well as number of streams real-time equity data, related to price, technical and financial measures for US companies. Users of the website will have the ability to access and query that data, visualize that data, create screeners for customized portfolios etc.
I have a strong desire to build the website using a combination of Django, React, and JS, with use of Reactstrap/React Bootstrap. But I'm open at looking at other options for mark-up, such as Material Design, Tacyons etc. I’m also open to making use of well-suited existing themes/ templates as per the site requirements, such as the django-react-boilerplate alongside existing free/premium UI kits/themes. Either way, I envision a fair amount of customization required, particularly for features such as the stock screener.
Again, I’m looking for a project collaborator. Someone who can work closely with me towards developing this website. I have Python experience, and I’m a finance professional who can do the heavy lifting on the back-end components. But would like the final product, including its front-end components, deployment features, etc. to be something that I can understand and manage.
I have a list of notes below as well as some skill requirements as I see them.
Notes for consideration:
- An existing wireframe template, built on Axure RP, will be made available as a basis of the website design/ requirements.
- There is a desire to build the website using a combination of Django, React, and JS, with use of Reactstrap/React Bootstrap. But I'm open at looking at other options for mark-up, such as Material Design, Tacyons etc. or whatever the developer is most comfortable in using.
- Open to using some form of boilerplate template as a basis of the initial website, i.e. django-react-boilerplate with components from existing free/premium UI kits/themes.
- Website is to be mobile friendly obviously, with templates accommodating computer, tablet and mobile devices. i.e. looking for good use of Reactstrap/React Boostrap.
- Historic financial data is intended to be housed within a Postres db within the same deployment environment, while real-time/ intraday data will be accessed via various API’s from financial data repositories.
- Many of the visualizations will be able to be queried and manipulated, I foresee a strong requirement of use of React and other forms of JS.
- Want to include customer account/ user profiles/ portal. While there will be no payment options initially, it would be preferable to be forward thinking on this, as I may look to lock or restrict access to various pages/ data based on user account in the future.
- Website will include a blog, which may have contributors who are not familiar with the various scripting/ programming languages used. Hence, a blog design which allows contributors to leverage a form of CMS back-end (Django CMS?) for article submissions would be preferable.
- Website will also include a community forum, to be built on Discourse. I’m open to hosting this separately using Discourse’s servers, but would like integration with user profiles from origin website.