We have a project at hand for which we need a network appliance to build a layer2 or layer3 switch with the following specifications to be designed:
0- 1U Rack-mount Device
1- 24x 1G ports
2- 2 or 4 SFP ports
3- 1x console port
4- 1x out of band RJ45 management port
5- 1x USB port
6- 3x44mm 1700rpm Fan
7- 57Gbps Board Forwarding Capacity
8- Embedded CPU ( something Like Intel J1800 or J1900, but based on the designer decision )
9- Embedded Memory ( 4GB DDR3 Minimum )
10- Embedded NAND Flash ( 2GB Minimum )
11- Power module and Power Requirements Detail ( AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz) )
12- LED for Interfaces, System, and Power On
13- back-pressure airflow design
14- Environment requirements:
Min Storage Temperature: -20ºC
Max Storage Temperature: 60ºC
Humidity Range Operating: 30%~70%
Min Operating Temperature: 0ºC
Max Operating Temperature: 50ºC
The operating system in mind to be installed on the device is Openwrt or Openvswitch or Openwrt plus Openvswitch/FRR.
ex-works price of the final product( fro production) in mind is 300 to 400$s so Processor/Memory/Storage need to be selected in a way to support mentioned NOSs specifically FRR or OVS which need more resources
freelancer willing to take this project will need to design the hardware and do a complete knowledge transfer including Design files, documentation and etc enabling us to build the device for sampling at our lab.
- design files including mechanical design and etc.
- a list of laboratory equipment required to build the device( SMT, Pick and place style)
- one sample must be provided for test before finalizing and accepting/confirming the project. (cost of electrical parts will be paid).
- if you are also familiar and expert in working with mentioned NOSs , we may require to customize openwrt to add FRR or openvswitch to it to benefit from hardware offloading. so we are open to suggestions.
- if you have deep knowledge of openwrt to build a custom image with build environment for us to let us do a complete renaming and are able to provide architecture/design and documents for the source codes it will have great effect.
Note1: since we are short on time we accept offers from freelancers with the same experience.
Note2: if you have Layer 2 and Layer 3 source code of NOS at hand with build environment please share the feature list or if you are able to code the NOS we can provide a list of features in mind.( this can be used on x86 appliance or with a switch hardware using broadcom Silicons) so we are open to suggestions.
Note3: for example, you can check this UBNT product based on custom version of openwrt: [login to view URL]
10 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $2400
Hello, I have 5 years of experience with embedded systems design and programming. You had mentioned about mechanical design, can you please elaborate on them?