We require an embedded solution for a USB-C dongle to supply power to a product (12VDC).
This project is extremely URGENT due to two previously failed developments. Hence, parts are already completed. Require help mainly with USB type C power delivery (PD).
Project price is negotiable depending on experience level and timeline.
The target price per unit is $7.
The board shall:
1. Power the device (‘Load’) at 12VDC from a USB Type C source with power delivery capability (power negotiation is required)
2. Indicate the progress by means of a timer, shown on a small display (SH1107 Driver IC). The design will be provided in image format and needs to be converted to code.
3. Measure current and report failure modes. A failure mode occurs at specific current values. When in failure mode, a message shall be shown on the screen.
4. Ability to turn off the power delivery (12V) once a certain amount of time has passed (e.g. 1h).
5. Store analytical data (count of Cycles, average cycle duration) and show this info on display during startup.
Please note that a lot of the software is already done (in C++).
The deliverables are all necessary PCB files for production, including BOM. A prototype demonstration shall be provided.
If you have experience in developing MCU & USB PD systems and are interested in this project, please message me with your application! We can then coordinate the timeline etc. accordingly. I would also be happy to discuss the more detailed requirements.