The project is in the prototyping phase. Currently a Mechanical Engineer has been piecing a system together but an individual with more experience and knowledge in designing, manufacturing, and implementing a wireless system is needed.
Project requirements that Individual will need to complete:
- PCB design
- Outsource/Oversee quality PCB manufacture and assembly of components
- Write basic data collection program
Our company currently uses a data logger (Doric 245 or Agilent/Keysight 34970A) for collecting thermal data. The 4-wire RTD probes are connected to the data logger via cables roughly measuring 1/4" OD and 50'-100' in length. This system is perfect when used in a semi permanent lab. Our work requires that a standard network of 9 - 20 probes be setup around the system being measured in roughly 45 minutes to 2 hours. All data points are normally within 100' (30 meters) of data logger with only some line of sight interference. Most time in setting up and repacking equipment is dedicated to handling cables.
- Design a compact wireless system that would decrease the volume of equipment being transported and decrease time for setting up and repacking equipment.
- Wireless system would transmit all data back to router/laptop every 5-10 seconds where final data is compiled.
- Wireless system maintain connection with 9-20 data collection nodes (RTD probes) at a maximum radius of 150' (45 meters).
- Wireless nodes running off battery power need a minimum of 10 hours of battery life.
- Ensure wireless node is programmable and can actually collect data. Not looking for just a PCB design, system needs to be verified that it works.
- Analog to Digital Converter (ADC): The AD7124-8 has been identified to be the best solution for 4-wire RTD temperature measurements. Reference Design is CN0381 found on the Analog Devices website here: [login to view URL]
The EVAL-AD7124-8 has been purchased and used to form this conclusion.
- Microcontroller: Arduino Nano 33 IOT has been selected for prototyping based on its size and wifi capability. Nano will communicate with the DAC via SPI protocol.
- Microcontroller, Battery terminal, and CN0381 circuitry be on a single PCB. (unless other layout is suggested)
- PCB will need to have supply power come from a battery (i.e. 18650) or from a wired connection (i.e. micro usb port).
- Devices maintain wireless connection at minimum of 100' (30 meters).
- Laptop will be final destination of data coming from data nodes.
34 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $38/час
Hello, I have read the project description. I have experience in data loggers and Iot systems. I would like to talk all details over the chat. Yours Truly, Ali Serbetci
Hello sir, I have experience in designing electronics circuits and can program all kinds of microcontrollers. You can discuss your project with me in chat and we can move on right away. Thank you.
Hi I'm an Electronic Engineer with over 4 years experience developing embedded applications and PCBs, you can learn more about me from my freelancer profile. Best wishes V.T