The project is to build a website for a company that manufactures and trades single-use products for the Quick Service Restaurant ("QSR") industry. Companies in this industry include:
- Solo ([url removed, login to view])
- Huhtamaki ([url removed, login to view])
- IP ([url removed, login to view])
- DetPak ([url removed, login to view])
The audience of the website includes potential and existing customers, as well as other manufacturers which may want to sell products through our sales network.
The website should serve as a portal to:
1) Understand our company's background and current (and always changing) state. Within this section there should be company history, locations, employees, commitment to sustainability, etc.
2) Find products, and obtain basic product information (e.g. product dimensions, packing, carton size, etc), along with product photos. The query will be achieved using ASP via an XML document or SQL database; it's OK if you do not have this skill, but please provide a flexible product viewing template to display information.
3) Obtain latest news updates
4) Obtain contact information of company and our distributors globally
Our customer base is very international, and therefore the website must cater for a few languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese). Please recommend best way to do so.
Since there will be quite a bit of information updating to do, please present design in easy to use template with well documentation. Best if this can achieved via XML.
The website should be cross-browser friendly.
We will extend this project to create a set of company and product brochure documents. We hope to work with the same team on the design of these documents. When designing the website, please bear in mind that the future brochure design should be able to leverage the design of the website.
We have a company logo that we have been using for some time and there may be a chance we will need work on that as well (please see attached). But for the purpose of this project, we will keep it the same. Winning team will also be considered first for the logo re-design project.