We are looking for a sophisticated formatter-designer who takes unmatched ownership over his/her finished work-product to add to our efforts in becoming the unquestionable authority in Business and Self-Development summary books. First and foremost, we are looking for a formatter who has the potential for design work later on.
The workflow is 1-2 books per month and will increase depending on your ability to handle more workload. At first, you will be expected to format the digital copy as both an eBook and a paperback book. We expect the turnaround time of 24 hours for summary books ranging between 6,000 - 8,000 words (40 - 50 pages). At first, your work will be strictly formatting. However, if you are qualified and willing there will also be opportunities for graphic design.
Formatting work includes, but is not limited to:
- Table of Contents (with links for eBook)
- Making consistent headings
- Inserting template text and links
- Formatting headers and footers (with taglines and page numbers)
- Structuring sections and chapters so they begin on odd pages (for paperback)
We are a reader-centric company where the reader’s experience with our content and brand comes first in all decision-making. Naturally, we take extreme care of our writers, editors and formatters/designers and provide them with a supportive environment with clear guidelines and resources to ensure their best work.
To apply for the position, the formatter must meet the following criteria:
- Takes unmatched ownership of their work product and is relentless in pushing our vision and mission through their professional formatting
- Has EXTREME attention-to-detail and has a low tolerance for mindless mistakes
- Ability to format books adhering to Amazon KDP standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Ability to follow our Formatting Guidelines
- Has mastery of the English language – you are a fluent speaker/writer
- Has worked in a team setting with several stakeholders and milestones
- Has exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and communicates any unforeseen circumstances
- Asks questions when something is unclear
- Communicates succinctly and in a timely manner
Questions to keep in mind:
1. How long have you been formatting eBooks and paperback books?
2. How quickly can you format a paperback book of 40 – 50 pages?
3. What part of this project most appeals to you?
4. What is your highest level of education?
5. Can you include a sample of your previous formatting work? A before-and-after would be ideal.
6. Are you qualified and willing to also do graphic design work?
We will review and select a first pool of potential formatters to invite for an online interview before making our final decisions.
Please attach a resume and work sample.
Thank you and best of luck! I look forward to reviewing your application.
Founder & Chief Executive
exegrowth dot com
“Executive Summaries for Personal Growth