I need a skilled digital or traditional painter to create for me a "painterly" book cover, front and back, for my self-published science fiction novel. Here are some requirements:
1) Final dimensions must be 3388 x 2489 pixels to fit my chosen book binding.
2) While I do value your independent artistic eye and would be open to any suggestions, I would like the final product to resemble my original attempt at a cover in its layout and general points of interest: figure in a black cassock in silhouette, watching a spacecraft break up in orbit, with the lights of a small colony in the middle distance. See my attachment for details.
3) As the writing style, universe, and story are inspired by classic sci fi authors like Heinlein, I want the particular "painterly" style you might see in those older book covers or in high quality concept art. The environment and the spacecraft dwarf the small figure in the foreground. I do *not* want anime, cartoon, caricature, or vector art.
4) I would like to see a preliminary sketch of designs before the final artwork is delivered.
5) This project is only for artwork, not the cover's graphic design.
6) IMPORTANT: Please provide me with a portfolio of prior work. Bids that do not address this will be hidden.
Thank you, and I look forward to seeing your bids.