Hello my name is Franki Lew.
A few months ago I asked for help on editing my picture book currently an InDesign document, called Mouse the Witching Cat. Unfortunately my publisher was not able to use this edit as I had forgotten to list out all her requirements needed for printing and standard formatting expected of a picture book.
Besides the book itself, which has been rescaled by my publisher personally, I need help putting together Mouse’s outer cover. I will provide all the pdfs and screencaps from my editor’s list of requirements so that we can be on the same page. If you need any more info, I’ll be quick to notify my editor pronto, though she’s only available so many days of the week.
My book is 47 pages long (inner cover and copyright included). The ruler units are in Inches and the margins are set at 0.5 inches.
My requirements for an editor are:
- Experience in Graphic Design.
- Someone with decent InDesign skills + knowledge (digital media majors and such).
-Someone who has experience printing documents (specifically books) made from InDesign.
-General knowledge of the dos-and-don’ts of printing
-Someone who knows how to fix rivers, the ugly giant spaces between words when I properly align or justify a paragraph, in InDesign.
-Printer’s input about what picture’s won’t print correctly given the value.
-Any extra copyright info for the copyright page you think is necessary.
About the book:
- It's a Halloween/seasonal adventure with art reminiscent of vintage Halloween cards from the 20s and 30s. (ex. below)
- The story, formatting and layout of the book is similar to Beatrix Potter's illustrations or the work of Janette Canon.
- Many if not most of the weird grammar mistakes are intentional and meant to sound weird being said out loud.