We have a logo substantially developed and are seeking the assistance of a professional graphic designer to help finesse and finalise the design.
The brief is as follows:
1. Logo is for a startup Australian educational service provider entitled Diversitywise. This will offer a range of services to education providers (pre-schools, kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools) and parents relating to pedagogy and curriculum design to cater for the needs of diverse students. This diversity includes children with additional needs (eg autism, early trauma), gender diversity (eg intersex, gay/lesbian, transsexual), and cultural/linguistic diversity.
2. We want the logo to reflect some aspect of the unique qualities of individual young people whilst also presenting a polished and professional image.
3. We have resolved to incorporate a stylised fingerprint, pairing this with a lowercase title ‘diversitywise’. This combination is an essential requirement of the brief.
4. We have attached a mockup of an indicative logo. Whilst we like this mockup, our thinking is to make the fingerprint a little more organic (eg by varying the width of the lines). We also want to ensure continuity between the fingerprint and text (by having a small space between them and perhaps adapting the fingerprint to reinforce this sense of connection).
5. Whilst the current font is MV Boli (a free Microsoft font) we are open to the possibility of another script style font being a better choice
6. We are undecided regarding colour. We have experimented with a fingerprint reflecting the colours of the rainbow flag (representing gender diversity) but don’t feel these colours work very well. We are leaning towards a website colour scheme incorporating aubergine and olive (see attached colour chart) and this could help inform a colour scheme for the logo. It is possible that the two words making up the name could be different colours. Whilst we don't necessarily need more than one logo designed, we would appreciate several alternate colour schemes being submitted to assist in a decision.
7. Our primary requirement is for a high-quality logo, however, as part of a package, we would also get letterhead and a business card template (see attached mockup). We would also get a reverse logo done (ie a colour block with a white version of the logo).
8. There is no particular timeframe for this job however a one-week turnaround would be desirable given this should be relatively straightforward design job.
S & A