ABOUT PLASTIC BANK
Plastic Bank is a global social profit enterprise based in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are in the business of gathering people together to reveal the value of plastic waste, while improving lives and cleaning up our Earth. To achieve our goal, Plastic Bank empowers the world’s most impoverished communities to earn a stable income in exchange for removing plastic pollution from their environment. The collected plastic is processed into raw material called Social Plastic®, which is offered to plastic manufacturers as an environmentally and socially responsible alternative to virgin plastic. The Social Plastic® Ecosystem prevents millions of tonnes of plastic from entering our oceans, simultaneously alleviating extreme poverty and helping brands connect with the next generation of conscious consumers. This is not just a business endeavour. This is a human endeavour. We live by our core values: Gather together. Reveal Value. Love Each Other. Becoming.
Plastic Bank currently operates across Haiti, Brazil, the Philippines, and Indonesia with ambitious expansion plans for 2019.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are searching for an experienced, accomplished, and passionate Web & Graphic Designer based in Bali, Indonesia. This is a full-time role on our Indonesia Digital Team, responsible for designing outstanding graphic design materials, creating thoughtfully constructed images and infographics that will be used across Plastic Bank’s teams around the world.
● Play an indispensable role in the Indonesia Digital team, developing and executing outstanding graphic design materials, including design and layout for digital and print communication, business proposals, internal marketing graphics, signages, social media content and event collateral;
● Create captivating infographics that spark the imagination and activate change;
● Create and edit short form videos to tell Plastic Bank stories in an engaging way;
● Assist in managing Plastic Bank’s social media presence across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.;
● Ensure consistency of quality across all of our digital and print communications; and
● Taking instructions from the Vancouver Head Office team on a number of digital and marketing activities, and deploying these requests with accuracy and speed.
● Minimum 2+ years of marketing and graphic design experience;
● Education in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Marketing, Communication or other relevant field;
● Advanced Adobe Creative Suite knowledge (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier);
● Experience with creating and editing videos;
● Responsive, accurate and articulate communicator in English and in the local dialect;
● Highly self-motivated and creative problem solver;
● Passionate about reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank's mission; and
● Ability to take instructions, work independently and in a team.
Nice To Have:
● Experience with e-motion graphics and/or Raw Shorts will be considered a major asset. However, it is not necessary.
● Monthly rate/salary negotiable, depending on experience and skill level.
● Salary ranges from $600 - $700 USD per month.