Developing an Add-On Commission Plugin for WordPress
Бюджет $750-1500 USD
We need a skilled and professional WordPress backend developer to develop a new WordPress plugin. The new plugin will serve as an add-on to our Easy Digital Downloads Webstore to better set commission rates from the EDD Commission plugin based on a set of our own rules entered via this new plugin.
The new WordPress plugin to be developed will connect at checkout or in the post-checkout actions via Webhook with the standard commission rates suggested by Easy Digital Downloads and EDD Commission Plugins and replace the commission rates as per our rules.
Example. A product listed by one of our third-party vendors will split the sales 80/20, meaning 80% of the sales is booked via the EDD Commission Plugin to the Third-Party Vendor. Now in our example, the product belongs to a special category where actually we want to apply a tiered commission scheme where we would want to apply the following commission rates:
- 80% commission if product belongs to category A and product value is less than $200
- 85% commission if product belongs to category A and product value is between $200 and $500
- 90% commission if product belongs to category A and product value is >$500
The plugin will have around 4 pages in wp-admin to list all the applicable rules, add new rules, settings and manage the license. The goal of the plugin is to implement a more fine-tuned approach towards commission rates which can better motivate our different authors who sell digital products via our stores.
The requirements for a developer to be hired are the following ones:
- No agencies, only fully independent developers not compromised by conflicts of interest
- Independent developer who can act as extended team member and must be able to closely liaise with our Senior Developer for Quality control purposes
- Please mention “Purple Sky” in your bid as proof that you read our requirements in detail
- Github repo – we will provide a Github repo which needs to be updated every day with progress made in a fully transparent manner. This repo comes with an already boilerplate WordPress plugin framework
- Stage Server - we will provide a stage server with an EDD demo shop where the plugin can be developed and tested
- Will need to sign an NDA and we reserve all commercial rights to this plugin
- Code needs to comply with WordPress Coding Standards and we need a strong commitment to Quality Coding.
- Proper documentation in the source code required
- Project needs to be completed within 1 month (2 weeks developing, 2 weeks testing and fine-tuning)
- Developer needs to be fully trustworthy, professional and able to communicate well.
- Regular updates via Skype Group chat or Call required (1x per week)
Overall this plugin is not complicated to do since most code is only php and the functionality happens in the backend.
Please check these things before submitting a bid:
1) Make sure you read above requirements carefully
2) All bids from agencies will be ignored. We are only interested in FULLY independent developers.
3) Are you able to closely liaise with our other team members for quality purposes?
4) Are you familiar with Github?
5) Please include the relevant credentials you might have for this project
6) Please explain the three key components of your work ethic
7) In your view, what is the most important issue when you like to adhere to WordPress Coding Standards?
8) What do you think will be the most difficult part of this project?
9) What is the procedure to trigger when somebody who installed this plugin wants to completely remove it from their WordPress site?
For shortlisted developers, we will provide more details and ask you further questions.