Need project done by July 29th, 2008
Only requirements are:
Using JSP technology and servlets, and a relational database, create a simple e-commerce application that allows a user to purchase lottery tickets via the web, and receive feedback via the web once the lottery draw is held. The application should
- provide a randomly generated lottery ticket number to the customer for each ticket purchased
- save the customer details together with the associated ticket number in a relational database
- automatically perform a drawing every Wednesday at midnight, by using the random number generator to generate winning tickets
- compare winning ticket information to the tickets sold (saved in database), and flag those tickets that have won as “winning ticket”. Tickets that have not won are flagged as “no-winning”
- Determine total number of tickets that have same number as the winning number and divide the “pot” equally among those tickets
- Using contact information saved in the database, send a email to the customers holding a winning ticket, advising them on where to collect their winnings.
- Post the winning ticket results on a webpage accessible publicly
- Update the records in the database accordingly when a winning is collected.
- Resets the system for the next drawing (so that a ticket from a past drawing cannot be used to claim a winning in a future drawing) without deleting the records of past drawings that are currently saved in the database