We're looking for someone to complete this as soon as possible, so if you can't devote a good deal of time to it, please don't apply.
We have a dataset that includes the coordinates (latitude/longitude) of every TV station in the United States. We need someone to use Google Maps to pinpoint these station coordinates, and then build a web app with the following features:
1. The user enters their zipcode
2. The app takes the zipcode and determines its coordinates
3. The app then calculates the distance of nearby tv stations from the zip code coordinates
4. All stations within certain range are displayed for the user (along with metadata for that station), both on the map and in a separate list.
5. The on-page map displays colored circles for each range
6. A couple of other UI-based features
Here is an example of a site that is doing something similar (enter zipcode, ex. 90210):
[url removed, login to view]
Ideally we'd like someone who can do this in Python, as our website is build in Django, but that's not required if you're more skilled in a different language