We’re looking for a seasoned engineer who will join our front-end team. The ideal candidate is a solid Node.js developer that is an avid learner with the desire to understand new technologies, is willing to accept and provide feedback, has good communication skills and a proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated.
We expect the developer to:
• Produce clean and efficient code
• Respect SOLID principles
• Use testing as part of their workflow
• Reduce the technical debt by regular refactoring
• Take the initiative to suggest new ideas, improvements, and share knowledge with the rest of the team
In this role you will have a big impact as we are currently hiring our first employees that will help us build our MVP (no legacy code to deal with!). Join us to change the way people buy online!
We are looking for a developer that:
• Has an in-depth understanding of Node.js
• Will be able to pick up TypeScript quickly (if no experience with it)
• Has experience designing GraphQL APIs
Optionally, it would be great if the candidate has experience with any of the following:
• Apollo GraphQL Server
• Query builders like [login to view URL]
• Gitflow Workflow
## Our hiring process
This process has a few steps. It should take less than 4 hours overall to complete – obviously, we will pay for these hours!
1. Take-home assignment. You will have 3 hours to complete a coding exercise.
2. Next step is a 45 min call to go through the code and review it together. We might ask a few short related technical questions as well.
3. If both parties are happy about how it went, we can start working together right away!
## How we work
Here are a few insights on how we work:
• We are a remote first company. It means that working remote is the default and that remote team members are as much a part of the team as those in the company's office.
• We like to conduct async “standup” meetings with Standuply. Updates are usually written, but feel free to record a video if you feel so!
• Development-work is kept as much as possible within GitHub
• We use ClickUp as a task management tool – mostly for non-dev tasks
• We try to handle the rest of our company communication via Slack
• Zoom is our preferred video conferencing tool to conduct weekly syncs with the team
• The knowledge base of the company lives in Notion
• As loyal Google ex-employees, we enjoy using Google Cloud Platform infrastructure and G Suite!