Use the java files, “[login to view URL]”, [login to view URL]”, and [login to view URL]”, provided by
the instructor to complete this project. For this project you have to complete the following tasks:
1. Write a private method int randomProbe(int index, K key) for class
HashedDictionary that implements random probing for collisions.
Use the set of prime numbers as pool of pseudo-random numbers.
2. Write a public method add and private method locate of class
HashedDictionary to use method randomProbe.
3. Use the skeleton java file, HashedDictionaryTest, to test the
HashedDictionary class. To test different operations on the hash
table, the program will read a text file provided by the user which
contains add, remove, locate, and display operations in the
add 555-1234 Tabatha
add 555-1235 Toni
add 555-1236 Tobbie
Extra credit (25 points)
Evaluate random probing by implementing a different collision resolution method, then compare the total
number of collisions occurred between the two methods after completing all operations from the input
Follow the various style conventions we’ve discussed in class (variable naming, constants, spaces, etc)
including putting comments in your program.
1. The program must compile without errors.
2. Your program must have the following comments at the top. Don’t forget to include them because
they will count toward the grade of this lab.