This should be a quick and easy modification job.
I have a simple Django website (developed in Pycharm & Django) that reads a csv into the server db (Django has a built in default sql db) and displays the content in boxes. (see [login to view URL]) - Then after 3 seconds (internal timer) moves row to row and updates the boxes content accordingly.
There is only text, flags or paths to
pictures in the csv. These are read in the db etc. and displayed in the relevant box. For example Box A always has the same picture so that never needs to change. Box B has only text, box C has text, D has text or / and pictures, E only text and small menu buttons to display the box or not (see [login to view URL]).
This is all in a bootstrap frame so it looks nice and responsive on different devices.
Control buttons that controls if the boxes are visible to not - show/hide boxes
Button A = Box A Display on / off
Button R = Restart tool
By default the buttons are always visible but if they are activated or not depends on the flags in the data.
To upload the csv file there is a backend menu see [login to view URL]
Picture2 also shows the content of the boxes or if the box is activated in that state (0 or 1).
Please note there are picture references in the csv that the tool finds if the name matches.
On the backend and internal timer mechanics meaning each row is one state changing after internal variable time for example x = 3000ms means after 3 seconds it goes to the next row. (See picture [login to view URL] as an example)
NOW WHAT I NEED:
Some small modifications of the tool:
1) remove the global timer (changes each state every x seconds) to an individual timer.
So another column in the csv for example "Time" with 2 means 2 seconds for this row. So
two seconds this state is displayed then move on. Each row should have a time to be displayed now.
2) video support - currently the tool can display pictures in the boxes from a folder if the name matches. I need the same for a video. For example picture2 row D_video lists none for each state. Now I need for example if one row lists [login to view URL] then the tool should display the
video in the box. The video should automatically play on page load but is bound to the time of display. So if video is 1 minute and time to display this row / state is just 20 seconds then just the next state will be displayed.
3) Box D has a flag in csv file (picture2) called D_FullScreen. It should display the box full screen if flag is set to 1. All content in the box should also be full screen. This is already implemented but the menu is still there so just a small fix I guess.
4) Sometimes the text displayed in the boxes after upload has strange characters - I think this
is a unicode / ascii character support problem. Just the correct library etc may fix this. Again
small thing. There should be weird characters.
5) Sometimes the text (if a lot) is outside the box boundaries. This should always be nice and
tight in the box.
6) include a column for each box with font size numbers so the text in the box can be modified
to look good
7) I am open for UI suggestions something that may look better than grey boxes would be nice?
a nice jquery UI or modification of the bootstrap?
That’s it - note if everything goes well with the dev - then there are more modifications / new projects on this.
Should not take long for someone who is more familiar with Django etc to complete this in a one or two hours.