I need some help with administration of a two Edge Gateways I have (two models). It's industrial-graded gateways that use Rasberry Pi 3B+ compute module and runs Rasbian lite OS.
The final configuration of these gateways should be delivered as OS image ready to uploads and should include (it's fine to split these steps as small projects each):
1. Prepare the base image - install Raspbian Lite OS from scratch/base images from manufactures sites + hardware drivers from manufactures sites. Make sure it works.
2. Make Wi-Fi provisioning working on out of the box devices (I already tried Balena wifi-connect, the same can be used or any other approach).
3. Develop a service that:
- runs a docker container with a remote cloud agent (tested instructions how to run will be provided)
- updates a docker container and its image on a request (commands are written by a container to a dedicated file on a host system)
- backups the older version if the new one fails (To be Defined)
4. Develop and implement Remote Ethernet Configuration based on commands from a docker container (commands are written by a container to a dedicated file on a host system)
5. Develop service running LTE modem connection and keeping it alive if a modem hangs (the modem connection is already tested and known how to set up. The service running it is needed)
6. Define rules and set-up firewall. Define and set-up other means of security. Add encrypted SSH key
7. Develop a service running host system updates (commands are written by a container to a dedicated file on a host system) and reverting updates back if problems occure (TBD)
8. Read MAC-addresses of all network interfaces and record it to a file. Develop edge-side script for cloud-agent self-registrations (instructions and additional information will be provided)
9. In addition to a remote management through cloud-agent running in a docker, duplicate this functionality in a host OS with AWS IoT solution (instructions and additional information will be provided)
Steps 1-6 are quite urgent for launching a first prototype. Steps 7-9 can be done later.
The Remote (VNC/Teamviewer) Access to an operating system connected via Wi-Fi/Ethetrnet to a gateway will be provided.
During the processs and at the end of the development, I will need to receive the final image for device uploads, detailed written instructiuon with commands/steps/code. Any code/Intellectual Property rights developed will have to be owned by me and have to be provided with in-code comments.
I will be able to guide and provide more detailed technical requirements and some technical help since I've done the most of these operations on my own already. I look for a knowledgable Linux Admin preferably with experience in Embedded OS systems who will lead the development process and make a reliable and working solution prototype.