This is a quiz game hosted at [login to view URL]
90% of it works, except the first sound is not played on iPad. It works on all browsers on MacOS and Windows, but fails on iPad. Hence you’ll need an iPad to debug this issue.
Before listing the issues, some background about the project is below.
At the start, users enter their name. This can be any string.
The game has two types of sounds:
1. Feedback sounds: These sounds are played when a user performs an action. Example: button click sound. We also play a feedback sound to tell the user whether their answer was correct or not.
2. Instruction sounds: These sounds tell the user what action to perform. These are in the format - “Ready XX, GO to YYZZ” where XX, YY and ZZ are randomly selected from an existing pool of sounds.
If the user selects XX, YY and ZZ correctly, we need to play success sound. Else invalid answer sound.
Project code: [login to view URL]
Issues are mentioned below:
1. Unfortunately, Safari blocks autoplay for instructions for some reason, but plays the button press sound. This works on Windows and MacOS, but does not work on iOS. You’ll need an iPad to replicate the issue. The exact error message is attached.
2. The second issue is the delay in the feedback sounds. When I press a button, there’s a 0.5 second delay in the feedback sound being played. This causes confusion sometimes. Sometimes the feedback audio does not play. This happens when a round finishes and the “A multi sensory experience” modal is displayed.
3. The volume of feedback sound is disproportionate to the instruction sounds. The feedback sounds should be much lower.
4. Further I would like them to improve the quality of the sound experience in this app/website. This is more of a nice to have. Bonus payment based on the quality of work.
To start, Branch off of Bipund-master and push your changes to your own branch.
Please deploy your changes to a free server and paste the link here.
11 фрилансеров(-а) готовы выполнить эту работу в среднем за $172
Worked on this types issue, while creating app like what's up web. I have 3 year of experience. I have created app without using external library. That's gave next level explore.