Our company sells controller and sensors for the HVAC market. We offer controllers with TCP/IP based protocols such as Modbus TCP and BACnet/IP. Those products come with an integrated web server for operation and commissioning purpose.
Now we want to develop a mobile (android, iOS) and Windows desktop app in order to find the connected controllers in a LAN or WLAN. This needs to be done via a HTTP IP scan in the network. The web server offers a REST API from where the relevant data can be polled from.
The app shall fulfill the following main objectives:
1. Find connected TCP/IP controllers in the (W)LAN
2. Display controller information in a collected view
3. Connect an unconnected Wi-Fi controller to the default WLAN (stored in the app)
4. Manage multiple system (multiple LAN subnets possible)
Development platform: A suitable platform shall be chosen in order to cover mobile (Android, iOS) and Windows Desktop option (Hybrid or web development).
- The main screen shall show multiple panels. There shall be a sort and a scan button to arrange / update the panels. The panel data must be collected in the background via HTTP GET commands and is stored in the app. Each IP address is unique in the system.
- On panel press, an embedded browser opens inside the app to display the web interface. on return button the user gets back to the panel view.
- Different user settings shall be available (language, dark mode, etc)
- System settings: Choose currently active system to be displayed an give a name such as "work" or "home"
- Web interface settings: the default login data can be stored in the app to access the web server
- Background: HTTP protocol is used to collect the data in the background. For each IP a dataset is stored in the app. A maximum of 10 sub-nets limits the amount of data (10 x 255 IP addresses).
Attached there is a picture of the main screen to have an idea how it could look like.
Detailed specification will follow as PDF after a pre-selection.
1. Specification review and agreement
2. App demo (Wire frame) including embedded browser view
3. Functional dummy in order to test scan and http login function
Please only send an offer if you have already done similar apps including:
- Hybrid app development for multiple platforms
- Back-end communication via HTTP
- TCP/IP functions (WLAN, LAN)
- upload apps to web store
- maintain apps for new requirements on system updates (Android, Windows, iOS)