The project is to build an App that will Capture data from a streaming source and record it in a standard format. The app will be capable of inserting some identifiers into the formatted log, and will also be capable of manipulating the log by sending it to a predetermined location in the cloud. The app will also be capable of retrieving similar files from a separate but similar cloud-based location and opening them up on the mobile device hosting the app. The source data will be in a standard format, transmitted wirelessly via an IP-Based networking scheme, and the SDK for the source data capture will be supplied.
Core Skills Required
• Versed in basic Customer Account Management
• Some familiarity with Data Source Capture from a Transmission source
• Ability to “Write” captured and calculated data to a log file in .csv format
• Versed in Cloud file management
Summary Description of Project
1. Project is to build an App (iOS Platform to begin with) that will connect to a IP-based Data Transmission Device, grab the transmitted data source and log it into several similar .csv formatted files.
2. These files will be given DEFAULT names in a standardized format which will be provided.
3. These files will need to be ported to the cloud and inserted into a pre-determined file structure / location. The files will initially be logged locally onto the mobile device, but will regularly be synced via cellular network to the Cloud-based Copy.
4. Upon completion of logging (identified by User / Client clicking a Button), the file will be stored locally until it has successfully synced in total to the cloud-based location, and then the local file will be deleted.
5. The App to provide the User / Client a means to interact with the File Name to customize it and overwrite the DEFAULT names that will be standard.
6. The App to provide the User / Client with a means to view and select the logged file or a subset of multiple logged files, and upon confirmation of selection (via a Button Click), automated email notifications will be generated and sent via a 3rd Party-associated Mail Server.
7. Additional cloud-based files contained in separate cloud-based directories (which will be placed there through manual actions unassociated with App Function) will need to be accessed for display and made downloadable by the App.
8. These files will be in PDF and .csv format and will need to be opened via the Device’s Default PDF Reader app.
9. The App will need to include Customer Account Management interactions such as Account Creation, Password, Payment and Billing Details, etc. These details need only be ported to a 3rd Party E-Commerce utility to be specified, such as [login to view URL], or a platform familiar to the developer.
10. The Data Capture will be conducted over Wi Fi, where the device will be connected to the same WiFi network as the Data Transmitter. The Data Transmitter will be broadcasting a standardized format data stream via an IP Address using the WEBSOCKET Protocol. Developer will be provided with the SDK Toolkit to capture and decode the data in order to log it into the required .csv format.
11. This SDK Toolkit will describe both the methods of connection to the Data Transmitter, and the various Data Field Groups and Data Field Identifiers as well as methodology for decoding the data stream from the Data Transmitter Device. The Data Transmitter Device is a stand-alone machine and will not need to be interacted with at any level other than Connection and Capture of Data Stream.
12. Details of Log File Functionality, Log File formats, Data Stream formats, Cloud-Syncing, File Interactions and Manipulations, Data Transmission Devices, Required Account Details and Account Interactions, etc. will all be provided in an App Specification Document. This App Specification Document is Proprietary and Confidential and all perspective developers will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) before reviewing it.