Hello, I need to do a restyle for a web app I did, it's a language game where users play to refresh the vocabulary and learn new words in a foreign language.
The app components I need to review / make it better are the following:
- Login / Register
- Home (100+ topics in which words are categorized, like Duolingo)
- Topic Overview (where user select the level, each level has 10 words aprox, it depends by the quantity of words that specific topic has)
- Exercise Theory (where user learns the words of the topic they've chosen, showing the word in the current language and the one with the foreign language they want to learn. g.e. topic "Kitchen": words are: fork, knife, plate, spoon, cup, etc.....)
- Game (where user type / choose the answer and gain points until it reaches 100% progress. If countdown reaches 0 user loses. It will show up a modal at the end of the game when user wins/loses)
- Profile screen (info about user, its profile picture, its stats, its saved words)
- Modal messages (when user wins or lose the game)
I need desktop / mobile design, it's fine to have mobile first approach. I don't need a design from scratch since I like some components I designed by myself. I'll post some pictures about something I'd like to keep there. If you have any doubt or need some material just hit me up.
Login / Register page is already good, Home screen needs to be improved, especially the trophies, I have put bronze/silver/gold cups for user progresses but I'm not so sure about it, I also did some tests with gems or stars. To get a trophy you have to complete all the levels of the topic (bronze / silver / gold differ from the time you have and the number of helps users have).
Next, when you click on a topic and you proceed in the Overview screen, there is where I need most help. I like the title + topic image but then I must make it better and more cool , I accept suggestions / ideas for progress bar and the selectable levels (now is horrible, I know).
By choosing a level, you proceed in the Theory screen: I like it a lot so I wouldn't change things there, but please make your suggestions if you have some. I need help for the "Wrap-up" view where you skip lesson and you have a exercise overview, with a table containing all the words, it's pretty basic.
Finally, the game view is the other screen I need to improve: user types the answer and if it's correct it shows green light, if it's wrong, red light. User can use some helps by getting the thunder (the game helps you by adding the first letter of corrected answer), the heart gives you one more life and the clock gives you 10 seconds more.
I'll post a video of the app flow.