We have an extensive amount of Perl code running a portion of our online platform (we refer to this portion as the Engine) -- and we need to find a Perl expert who can quickly learn our existing Perl code base and then make several improvements. This particular project is for the first two improvements only (numbered list below), but we have a significant amount of additional items that we will open new projects for once these first two items have been successfully completed.
1) Fix bug -- where a database field "wptype" is being updated incorrectly from 'EXCERPT' to 'QUOTE' -- on subsequent runs of the Engine. The "wptype" field should be set only on the first run of the Engine, subsequent runs should never touch this value.
2) Fix bug -- where the content that the Engine is inserting into the "post_content" is being inappropriately escaped, ie the insert contains backslashes: \”We\’re no longer the suckers, folks,\” Trump told service members at the base, which is situated in western Iraq. \”We\’re respected again as a nation.\”
PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS:
1. The code base is using Perl (latest versions) on an Ubuntu 16.04 system
2. We are ONLY looking for a direct working relationship with a developer or SMALL development team. If this project goes well, we have significantly more Perl work to send you. So, if you will be outsourcing this work in ANY WAY you must disclose this to us in your bid, but please note we are unlikely to accept that. If we discover that you're outsourcing this in a manner you did not disclose, we will immediately cancel/revoke the project, no questions asked.
3. We are only looking for developers who have significant experience with Perl running on Linux. Please include in your response examples of work you've done with Perl.
4. This is an urgent project and it must be completed within 10 days.
5. All work must be performed on the development sandbox we provide you.
6. You must be comfortable working with Git and commit your code to your branch frequently.
7. You must include in your response our project code of "Banana" somewhere in your response so that we know you've fully read this project description. Responses without the word "Banana" will be rejected.
8. We do not release payment milestones until code has been delivered and confirmed working. If you are not comfortable with this, then please do not bid.
15 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $537
Hi, I have 10+ years experience in Perl. I'm interested to look into your system and fix the mentioned bugs. fyi, banana is my favorite fruit
Hi, I'm a Full stack developer (Perl/JS). I've written several applications using Mojolicious, IO::Async, Plack, and DBI. I'll be available for other projects after this if it works out. Banana.