We are doing a full transformation of our site [url removed, login to view] to become more like MySpace.com. Currently we have 16 pages that make up the core design/template. Other pages and sections will need to be added that are not included in the 16 page template but do exist on [url removed, login to view]'s website. We basically have all the main sections covered but there will be minor/some major pages that will need to be developed and integrated into our current site template. This should not be difficult as we will supply all PSDs for the 16 templated pages that we currently have. We are also looking for an experienced asp.net coder who is familiar with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to code all of the functions/sections like [url removed, login to view], plus some new additional features like face battles and Couples section. Attached is a zipped copy of the rough design and a description of all the pages that need to be designed and coded exactly like myspace.com.
**You will have one week to show us that you are making progress if we decide you are making good progress an extension will be granted. The reason we are doing this is because we have had too many coders that are dead beat and they are wasting our time.**
- Designing the remainder of the pages that are not included in our template but exist on MySpace.com. To get a rough idea of how many pages that will be look at [url removed, login to view] the whole site.
**Also we have provided _a text file in the projects attachment as well Of just how many pages that will be._**
- Laying out all the pages in the template plus the new ones you design. All pages must use proper design techniques resulting in semantically correct markup and styled using CSS. This entails the developer to handcode the markup and styles as no application (ie Dreamweaver/Frontpage) will generate semantic markup. **Do not place a bid if you are unfamiliar with semantic HTML and CSS as this project will be difficult for you to complete if you are just beginning. An experienced web developer will be reviewing the code and ensuring it is done correctly**. This would mean a tableless CSS layout where all markup is styled through via the styelsheet. A common stylesheet should be used and seperate styelsheets for each section and page to make for easy editing and smaller load times per page. If you are unclear on any of these items, please look at the included examples below. All pages must also validate using W3C validators and be cross browser compatible (need to work in IE 5.5+, Opera 7+, Safari, FF 1.0+ on both Windows/Linux/Unix)
- All the functions/pages/sections that are on [url removed, login to view] and the pages we have stated in our attachment which are in reference to [url removed, login to view] must function exactly how they do on the [url removed, login to view]'s website.
- Any additional data needed to accomplish the full working functionality of the site will be provided by you(the coder). Also all the current Data that is on our site must be migrated over as well. All Data must be converted fully functioning and working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Each individual page must be at least 70k or less. Excluding the actual users pictures.
- Code all features/sections/pages that are on [url removed, login to view] into the new [url removed, login to view] Site/Design. Using Asp.Net 2.0 , code base VB.net
- ALL sections and ALL features that are on our current site [url removed, login to view] and that are on [url removed, login to view] will have to be designed and coded to fit and blend in with the rest of the site that we are redesignin ([url removed, login to view]). This includes a Mp3 player/Video Player that will be built into the site. Varying on whatever songs or videos are uploaded by the users. It will play them. This will be coded and designed. Other items include a realtime chatroom, that can read from our database so that users who our logged in can chat. The chat can be developed in Java/Flash/ASP.NET
- An automatic emailing protocol for different events and reminders. For example an email reminder should be sent to users who have been inactive for 2 weeks or longer. Another one would be for users who wish to be notified when they recieve new messages, a notification would be sent to them via email. format would be different/adjustable for each email.
- Need to provide proper documentation on where all code is located for features for easy enhancements etc. Also need descriptions of classes/namespaces used and what pages are using them so we know all the pages that run that code.
- All work that you do will be installed and updated on our dedicated server by you and must be 100% functional and error free.
- The site should use a n-tier archetecture so that there is no dependency between the UI and logic.
- A RTE (rich text edit boxes) used wherever deemed applicable.
- All deliverable MUST work on our server. You will have full access so you can configure settings as required but we are not responsible to "setup" the code on the server that you provide. For the job to be deemed complete, the site must be 100% operational on our server.
- We expect weekly meetings to discuss the next week's course of action and deliverables as well as see demonstrations of what was developed in that week. Any questions/concerns can be addressed to us at any time to prevent delay. We will answer hopefully witin a 24hr period.
- All major design changes should be discussed in weekly meetings to decide the overall best implementation method. Example being whether to store images in a database or use a file system. Things such as this should be discusssed with us prior to implementation.
-All work must be easily editable.
-Daily communication via RAC is required.
-Any fixes or edits we request/require should be implemented within 48 hours of the initial request.
-All beta testing and demos of the site will be done on my dedicated server.
-You must setup the dedicated server I provide to be fully functional with the website that you create including the mailing system and automatic e-mail features.
-The layout must be exactly how I specify
-All work for [url removed, login to view] must be accepted and approved before the project is considered complete.
-External documentation explaining all code should be provided as well.
**Check out the examples to see the markup expectations as we expect semantic HTML styled by CSS - This means no HTML editors code generation tools should be used as they do not produce semantic HTML** CSS Examples: [url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
- Windows 2003 Standard Edition
- ASP.Net 2.0, VB.net or [url removed, login to view]
- Database: Mircrosoft SQL Server 2005
- Mail Server: Needs to be configured - Design must be cross browser compatible needs to work in IE 6/7, Opera 8+, Safari, FF 1.0+ (including FF 2.0) on both Windows/Linux/Unix) - Also the site must look the same in all screen resolutions.