PHP/PostGreSQL Programmer Wanted
I’m a freelance Project Manager for client websites. I’m in need an experienced PHP programmer with PostGreSQL experience. Work load will be light at first, but likely to grow into 20 hours or more per week within a month or two.
You MUST be available by telephone during USA business hours (no VOIP phones please). I’d also like someone available for immediate response during the weeks ahead, since your initial role will be as a backup ‘fix-it’ person for a particularly active website.
Since this position has the potential to branch into many areas, I’d like to know the full array of your skills. Please copy and paste the questions below into an email, and place your responses INLINE for each question below (color them red so I’m sure to follow them).
Email it directly to me at <Mike@[url removed, login to view]> (since this a bulletin board ad, its OK to contact me directly).
Briefly tell me your:
1) PHP Experience (years, quantity of projects, whether you consider yourself Moderately Good, Really Good, or Truly GREAT.
2) How good are you at PostGreSQL?
3) Do have SEO skills? In other words, have you kept-up with Google’s optimization methods, and do you follow issues related to Spidering techniques, Java Script issues, and code organization for the optimization of webpages? Are you ‘average’ or ‘quite knowledgeable’ about SEO issues?
4) Do you have any ASP experience, using C#.Net? How much?
5) How good are you with Apache re-writes (for manipulating URLs and 301, 401 redirects)?
6) Do you have your own web server? If yes, Reseller account or stand-alone server? Are you comfortable managing a server?
7) Do you have graphic artist skills?
8) Any chance you’ve ever created a commercial catalog (I have a client considering the development of a paper-catalog to boost his website’s sales).
9) What is your current employment? And what is your hours of availability during USA business hours right now?
Again, I’m really recruiting for a PHP/PostGreSQL programmer, but any additional skills may be of interest to me. Thanks for spending the time to send me your information. Please be sure to include your Phone Number.