This project involes the building a skilled based emails server that will work somewhat like an exchange server. Should have the ability to route emails to certain peopl/agents depending on certain skills or the matter of the email.
I have a complete overview of what we are looking for in the next doc.
**Sample Overview of the E-Mail Server.**
1. Should be able to create users/email accounts.
2. Should be able to create Groups(sales,support,etc)
3. Should be able to create Queues so the emails can be sent there waiting to be routed to the right agent.
4. Should be able to create skills so the users can be assigned them to check the groups for email messages.
5. Should be able to determine how the emails should be routed for each Queue.
6. Every message is tracked and archived to a secured database.
7. Should be able to create pop 3 email accounts and act like an email server.
**Sample Flow of an E-Mail Message-**
1. The customer sends an e-mail message asking for help via a web form or direct email.
2. The message is read from the email server and checked by rules that are defined.
3. If the configured rules determine that the message should be routed the software and is placed in the appropriate skill group queue.
4. Once the emails goes into the correct queue an emails is sent out to the customer to notify them they received the email.
5. The software then determines to route to an available agent or to a local skill group queue. If the message goes to a local skill group queue, the email message flow ends.
6. If the e-mail message is routed to an available agent, the message is placed in the agent’s queue.
7. The software will notify the agent that an email message has been routed to the agent.
8. The agent interface/desktop opens the message and the email task is begun.
9. The server sends a reply to the customer that the agent is working on the email.
10. The agent responds to the customer’s e-mail message.
**Skilled Based Routing**
Can setup agents with different skills and allow then to log into different email queues to receive emails.
**Advances Call Distribution**
1. Best Agent First
2. Round Robin
3. Longest Idle Agent
4. Agent with the fewest emails
5. Agent with fewest emails
6. All Agents Simultaneously
7. Multiple overflow agents tiers for high volume times
**Agent Assigned Routing**
This is where you can assign an agent to a certain email queue to receive emails from that queue to there desktop application.
**Powerful Agents Capabilities**
1. Personal Status to indicate availability (available, unavailable, break, in a meeting, out of office, etc)
2. Sign In or Out of multiple Queues.
3. Wrap-Up Time after each email, Agent can terminate early.
4. Optionally put agents on break if they miss emails.
**Auto-Response for Inbound Mail**
Will automatically send a customized receipt message for any new email that comes into the queue. This will be a message that can be changed that will be sent out to customer.
**Priority Chat Handling**
1. Set email priority to automatically bump important emails up in the Queue.
2. Agents can manually take waiting VIP emails out of a Queue as needed.
**Professional Hold Experience Auto Reply**
1. Expected wait time hold auto response sent to recipient.
2. Email position in Queue Hold auto reply sent to recipient.
3. Unique welcome prompts/auto replies per queue.
It will maintain a historical record of the correspondence between the customer and the company until the incident is resolved. Then it’s archived away so it can be searched at a later time if needed.
Administrators can define rules to route emails to specific departments based on keywords or agent skill sets. Replies are automatically routed to the appropriate agent for a set amount of time before returning to the department queue.
Agents can add notes to emails to assist in the resolution of the incident. Notes are invisible to the customer, but can be viewed by other agents and reviewed in reports.
**Mail Sent Tab**
Agents have easy, one-click access to review the mail messages they've sent within the past 24 hours.
**Headers and Footers**
Message body headers and footers can be defined within the Account Administration Utility that automatically wrap around every email agents send.
**CC,** **BCC** **and File Attachments**
Familiar email functions are available within the Agent Console, including CC, BCC and file attachments fields.
**Send New Mail**
In addition to being able to respond to incoming customer service emails, HumanHelper allows new emails to be composed and sent.
**Hidden Fields/Screen pops**
Eleven hidden fields (six with customizable labels) can be sent with a message and then displayed in the Agent Console when the message is opened. More information allows agents to serve customers better and faster. This will pop a screen pop with the customer’s information on the agents desktop that will help the agent know who the customer is.
1. **Agent Performance Trends** ??" Number of chats a user made or received and average chat time.
1. **Agent Performance Trends by Queue** ??" Number of emails an agent made or received in a particular queue and average email time.
1. **Average Wait time and email volume by time of day** ??" Wait time and call volume figures for inbound emails.
1. **Email Volume by Identified Email Address** ??" Track emails by email address or identifier.
1. **Cumulative Call and Average email time by agent** ??" Total emails received and sent and average email time reported per agent.
1. **Custom Data**- Total emails and average email time associated with Queue emails Identified by a specific custom data variable.
1. **Inbound Email Outcome Trends** ??" Number of emails handled by one agent, multiple agents, abandoned and / or sent to email.
1. **Inbound Email Volume Trends** ??" Total emails a queue received, and average wait time.
1. **Queue Comparison** ??" By queue, total number of emails, average hold time and total emails handled, abandoned.
1. **Service Level** ??" Percentage of emails taken, abandoned or sent to backup email queue.
1. **User Activity** ??" Pie chart showing what percentage of an agent’s time is spent active versus in other statuses, and a further breakdown of active emails.
2. **Received emails ??"**
**•** Number of emails received today
**•** Number of emails received this week
**•** Number of emails received in total
1. **Sent emails ??"**
**•** Number of emails sent today
**•** Number of emails sent this week
**•** Number of messages sent in total
1. **Account Logins ??"**
**•** Account logins today
**•** Account logins this week
**•** Account login total
The email server part can pretty much anything and would like a web-based solution and something in a .exe format.
I am open to pretty much anything including .Net, ASP, JSP, PHP or anything that you think will work.