I have an existing EXE that I'd like to protect with a **command line password (command argument)**.
_**What I need:**_
1) A **VB6** program that modifies the PE header of an existing EXE, so that it checks the password in the command line argument and runs or exits accordingly. (use **MASM**!)
2) The VB6 program should let me **choose** the password.
3) Password should **not be visible** when opening the file with an HEX editor.
4) If possible, the contained EXE should be **encrypted**.
5) The EXE should **NOT be written to a temp location** in order to be run, this is why I need an assembler solution!
6) The assembler header should check the command line (argument) password agains the encrypted password it contains, if it's correct just **JMP** to the right location and continue the execution of the EXE, otherwise end.
I am open to suggestions, if you know an existing commercial program that can do all this, please make a bid for the link.
**_Remember:_ 1) The file should NOT be written to a temp folder (or anywhere else) and 2) Password should be accepted through the command line.**
I have to repeat this, since I keep getting bids from people that offer me a program that will write the file somewhere, then run it, then delete it. **THIS METHOD IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, because the written file can be copied while running** and the whole protection is useless!
The EXE is a Win32 GUI app. I DO NOT want a password dialog, just the command line option.
When bidding, please tell me exactly how you are planning to do it, and how much time you need. Thanks.
**Example calling of the protected file [url removed, login to view] (password is 1234):**
c:\[url removed, login to view] 1234 (this should run [url removed, login to view] normally)
c:\[url removed, login to view] (should do nothing, just exit, no error msg)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
**NOTE: I HAVE THE SKELETON OF A PROTECTION PROGRAM IN VB6/MASM VERY SIMILAR TO WHAT I NEED, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT WORK INSTEAD OF STARTING FROM SCRATCH, LET ME KNOW AND BID ACCORDINGLY!**
Win32/NT, VB6, MASM