"Invisible" Mobile messaging Application
I need a Mobile phone application (Java Midp2) that performs the same as a Windows service. It should;
1. Run invisibly in the background and poll for messages from a server. I.e. the user will have normal phone functions, but the application will wake up automatically when it finds a new message on the server. If a message is received it will display an alert.
2. Start automatically when the user switch on the phone. I.e. it is not necessary for the user to start the application manually.
This is a proof of concept application and the purpose is really to enhance another application that we already have.
This application must work on 99% of cell phones, even those that cannot do multi-tasking.
I do not know if this is possible, therefore alternative suggestions/solutions would also be considered.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).