I've been fiddling with a free UDP networking C++ module trying to convert it to a DLL. At the moment I'm trying to finish a couple projects simultaneously and my C++ skills are very limited. The networking C++ code already exists and is free to use. I need that wrapped up in a DLL. I'm certain that a skilled C++ developer could do this in a couple hours.
I'll probably have to add several additional functions to the DLL myself later so I may need to send you a few C++ Q&A emails or IMs shortly after project completion. I'm assuming we can factor that in too.
I do have [url removed, login to view] but I'd prefer to use Dev-C++ to do my future mods to this DLL. I'd also really appreciate -extensive- commenting in the source code. I have a fair amount of experience coding C# apps but I'm not so hot with C++ just yet.
This will be Windows DLL and it must be usable with Blitz Basic, PureBasic, and DarkBasic. I own all these "basics" so I can test myself. I know that C# DLLs are not compatible. It has to do with how the DLL is compiled or the DECLS file or something else. I'm not certain. I'm sure you understand this part.
Rent A Coder requirements notice: As originally posted, this bid request does not have complete details. Should a dispute arise and this project go into arbitration "as is", the contract's vagueness might cause it to be interpreted against you, even though you were acting in good-faith. So for your protection, if you are interested in this project, please work-out and document the requirements onsite.
1) Complete and fully-functional working UDP networking DLL that can be called from BlitzBasic, PureBasic, and DarkBasic as well as complete C++ project files and source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Aug 26, 2005 11:11:52 AM:
I'm not sure if the RAC scripts automatically notify you when I edit the project description. So I'm sending this in case it does not. I added a few more lines to answer a couple repeated questions.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Aug 26, 2005 5:19:42 PM:
I have to clarify my "commenting" item. I'm not looking for someone to add commenting to the existing modules code. I'm hoping you will add enough commenting in the DLL so that I can understand the DLL conversion process. So perhaps I can try building a C++ DLL myself later. Does that make more sense? Sorry I wasn't more clear the first time.
Windows 2000 and higher.