Please note that there are 2 parts to this assignment. Serious bidders only.
Read the scenario below and answer the related questions - You are in the role of a consultant. Provide a document fitting for your client. Include all the information that your client will find useful. Be sure to respond to the questions posed directly. But remember, as in any consulting engagement, the client may not have asked all the questions so make sure you consider the entire project. Include any assumptions that you make with regard to this project. Your document length should be 3-5 pages. As always, double space your document and include your references using proper citation techniques.
Sherrill Medical Group of California is a HMO that has contacted you to install Windows Server 2003 and Active Directory. They own the [url removed, login to view] domain name. They have 2000 users equally dispersed in three locations: San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Sacramento.
Sacramento is the headquarters, while the San Francisco office handles Northern California region, and the Los Angeles office is in charge of the Southern California region. The security policies, such as password length and account lockout are more laid back in San Francisco than in LA. The company headquarters establishes financial goals and general claims policy, but allows some regional operational autonomy.
Within corporate headquarters are the following business units: Operations, Claims, Physician Relations, and IT. Within the two regional offices are the following business units: Sales, Marketing, IT, Claims, and Physician Relations.
The CIO would like the delegate the ability to manage users and groups to the business unit level without delegating control over security policies.
The three locations are joined by T1 lines that are 80% saturated from 8 AM to 5 PM.
Continued from above...
Answer the following questions:
1. For the benefit of upper management that is non-technical, please describe how forests, trees, domains, OUs and sites function in Active Directory.
2. How would you design the logical structure of Active Directory for the Sherrill Medical Group and what domain naming structure would you suggest?
3. How many domain controllers, DNS servers, and global catalog servers would you suggest? Where would you place them. What is your reasoning?
4. What edition of Windows 2003 server would you use for your domain controller? If you needed four way clustering for Sherrill’s Web server, what edition of Windows Server 2003 would you use?
5. You will be building these servers. How would you select your server components? What would you do if you added a tape backup to your server and the mouse
Answer the next scenario below. The deliverable length should be approximately 4-5 paragraphs. Don't forget to include your references! These references add credibility to your statements and support your statements. Stating information obtained from other sources requires listing the reference. Re-state that information using your own words. Extracted information must be denoted as such using quotes or some other way to give credit to the original author.
Let’s say you start a Windows 2003 Server installation and the SCSI adapter and the disk storage attached to the adapter aren’t recognized. What could be the cause and what steps can you take to solve the problem?
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Word