**Current System Components**
• An apache webserver running on the HTTP port.
• A Jboss-tomcat application server running on port 8080.
• An SMTP/POP/IMAP server. This server should be SSH accessible from the inside network and selected hosts from the outside.
• SMTP receiving mail from the outside.
• A file server that has an attached tape and DVD (recordable) drive connected.
• 10 Desktop computers for staff
• A wireless router or access point. (To be purchased)
• A server rack.
• 10 tapes and one cleaning tape.
• A spare x86 machine.
Figure: The current network that needs to be fixed, please look attachment
Research appropriate standards on data and network security and implement
a) A secure network architecture, including a multi-homed iptables script and the specifications of a firewall/router,
b) A disaster recovery plan (including backups ??" full and incremental backups),
c) A broad and practical security policy (e.g. password management, auditing, tracking)
d) A purchasing document that identifies a real supplier and costing of items to be purchased.
• You may assume the desktop computers are either windows or Redhat Linux 9 Linux. All servers are run on Redhat Linux 9. (You can also assume Debian, Fedora or Redhat Enterprise if more suitable)
• You can assume that apache, jboss etc have been installed in /usr/local/.
**Important:** It’s a university student’s project. Report shouldn’t exceed more than 12pages (12 font). Relevant drawings is necessary but not much (maximum 3 or less).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).