We created this demo website: www.sendbloom.com.
We want to enhance it so that people can subscribe for a fee for 6 months at a time to send ecards to their friends and want to make it look more appealing.
We want to maintain a very simple and clean look, as in the test site above and we want to implement it using Joomla 1.5 and ready made compatible components.
Because space in this section is limited, please see full details in the Advanced Project Options section below.
Complete Project Description:
Among the things we want in our new site:
1. We would like to use Joomla! version 1.5 to create this new site. This will allow us to have the site up an running in a minimum of time and to minimize the cost of creating the site. For the same reasons, we would also like you to implement this site using as foundation the ODude Ecards component below, which runs on Joomla 1.5:
ODude Ecards: [url removed, login to view]
You can see it demo'ed at:
[url removed, login to view]
2. Because this site would be a subscription-based site and we would need to manage recurring subscriptions, we would like to use AEC as the subscription management software. We would provide you with a Joomla installation on our test server which will also have the AEC software so that you would only need to configure it.
We would like you to work off of the Joomla installation that we will create for you on our test server so that the client can monitor the progress of the work.
Because you would also need to add software to control user access to the subscription only-areas, we will also suppy you with the Front-End User Access component (FUA) to implement the user access functions. Lastly, if you will need to use a ready-made commercial template to create the look of the site, you would neet to let us know so that we can get it, if necessary.
You can find more about AEC and FUA here:
AEC: ([url removed, login to view])
FUA: ([url removed, login to view]).
3. As explained above, this site will require a subscription management system. We would need to manage subscription renewals and take payments online.
People will subscribe for 6 months (or some other discretionary period) and will have the right to send a limited amount of e-cards during that period. We must track the number of ecards sent by every subscriber and enforce the limits imposed by the system administrator. At any time, the system administrator should be able to change the amount of cards that can be sent during the subscription period.
4. We would like to offer new customers a 45-day Free Trial Period where they can send 5 cards. To sign up for this trial period, the customer creates an account with a name and password but doesn't give his credit card information. The AEC component can be configured to offer this trial period.
5. Once the 45-day trial period expires, if the customer wants to continue using the site, they will be required to sign up for a period of 6 months for $5.00 (or whatever price the System Admin wants to set). During that 6-month period they can send 8 ecards. Here, the customer must provide his credit card info to sign up for the service. Again, AEC can be configured for this.
6. We would also like to add a Terms & Conditions agreement page that the buyer has to agree upon before being able to sign up for the service. (Here you would not have to do anything, since AEC would provide this functionality. We are just mentioning this here for completeness.)
7. If the the customer looses his password, he can retrieve it. (This is already part of Joomla, so you would not need to do anything.)
8. Support 3 languages: French, English, and Spanish. By using the ODude Ecards component mentioned above, you should be able to do this and even support additional languages.
9. Support scheduling for sending e-cards on a future date. By using ODude Ecards, you should be able to do this.
10. Customize the interface (drag-and-drop would be nice, although not required) so that the user can see the card as it's being created. The most important function of the interface is to provide the ability to add text a text message to the card image. Of course, we would like the ability to place the text, choose the font and the text size, and to make the interface as pleasant looking and slick as possible.
11. Just like ODude Ecards, we want to allow the user to pick the image for his card from a number of categories of flower images (such as the "Flower of the Month") that the administrator will create.
12. The system administrator will be able to create a number of categories for different types of messages or phrases to insert into the card. Example categories might be: "Happy Birthday", "I Love You", "Mother's Day", etc. The customer will have the choice to add a message chosen from any of these message or phrase categories within the system or he can create and add his own message. We would also like the user to be able to search these phrases or messages by using keywords such as, for example, "love", "miss you", etc., in order to select an appropriate message for his card.
13. We want to notify the sender via email when his ecard is received. We would like the sender's notification to contain a small thumbnail image of the ecard that was sent and to also show the message in the ecard. The message can be simply inserted as text in the sender's notification email.
14. Provide ecard printing functionality for the sender and the receiver. Nothing fancy here, just print on 8.5" x 11" or other standard sheet of paper.
15. Allow the sender to store his ecard design for later retrieval, editing, and sending.
17. We would like the ecard building interface to work a little better (similar to
[url removed, login to view]).
We would like to make this drag and drop interface as fun as possible, so this is where you should spend most of your time and efforts.
Some possible solutions to explore:
a. Create an interface using a graphics library such as imagemagick for PHP (see [url removed, login to view]) or the PHP GD library (see [url removed, login to view]). This way you can implement the system using PHP.
b. Using Flash.
Ultimately, we would like you to propose the best solution, using price, time of delivery, and code maintainability as your main criteria.
We would like to be able to have the site completed in about two weeks' time, if possible.
Any questions or clarifications, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks for bidding.