We have a domino based application that was written by many persons over time and we no longer have skill sets to maintain/fix it. We are looking for someone to estimate the cost to fix it versus re-write it and then execute as per our instructions. You can look at the current product from and end user perspective by surfing to [url removed, login to view] and using a userid and password of demo. When completeing a test form, use your own email address to see the resulting product ur client gets back to them. We have a list of changes/fixes to the current product we want.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Aug 23, 2006 7:51:11 AM:
A number of you have requested further info on this project and what fixes we wanted to make. here is a list of what changes we wanted to make to the system, some of them you have already seen if you signed on to teh system and saw the UI or output format.
Issues That need addressing in Application:
Here are the items that I compiled from the emails I have received which I believe you wanted to address (in no particular order):
1) Auto email have the subject line filled with something from the form such as Reference #, type of document , or something else;
2) Move demo user account & all associated docs to a registered user account;
3) Clean up the US Invoice print version - lines missing in table & extra white space. Remove what's not required such as "" in field "Bill Customs Charges to". Use shading & compact document to match actual government template format;
4) Add signature field to allow people to type in their own name;
5) Ensure line items line up correctly and that part numbers ar e not cut off or that the wrapping that takes place is such that one can distinguish line items separately;
5) Create another template from an existing template versus just renaming the current template;
6) While the default template is the last template set as default change to implement checking for an existing template and let the person know that one exists already and they should un-check it as template before proceeding or tell them which one is set and that if they continue then previous one will no longer be the template;
7) Parts from user Castle seem to be global in that they appear for all new users when in actual there should be none on initial creation of an account except those set as global.
8)The user interface should be re-written. The navigation should be much more intuitive, and expandable. We should remove the Java roll-over buttons which oblige the user to accept the security warning.
9) The application makes ex tensive use of multi-value fields. This introduces limitations, application overhead, and makes the programming very cumbersome. Sub-documents and embedded views should be used instead. For example: multi-value fields are used to store the detail lines on the US customs invoice. Each time the details are required for pop-ups and printing, these fields must be parsed out.
10) The printing issues are caused by the multi-value fields, and the fact that the fields are handled in columns, not rows. We should keep the current printing method, but fix the issues.
11) Besides the problems with the templates from 1 client being seen as
the templates for another.
12) The field labeled Total # of pcs is too small
- Issue here was we wanded fluid sized fields so that we didn't run into
field size restrictions. I was lead to believe it is possible within domino
but somehow we have field size restrictions. I do understand that field size
restric tions on screen are different than those on print.
13) Gross weight field - too small
14) At times users reported and showed me examples of a blank email that was
sent, need to prevent blank emails from being sent if possible.
15) The reference # field is now missing from the screen of the US Invoice,
was there before.
16) Our Logo on some forms did not appear on screen, no place holder, etc.
17) Unit qty field restricted to 3 chars, again needs to be larger
18) On update of a form the data disappeared, i.e.: said it had XXX lines but
if you look at the lines only the new data that was keyed was showing, the
data called up from the part selection was missing.
19) You cant add comments to a line
20) The date on the US invoice at the bottom is in the wrong format, it
should be standard US format MM/DD/YY
21) Need to be able to key a weight per line and have it appear on prints,
22) When I tried to create a new template it w ent into edit of the default
template, could not get out of that to select another template as the
default or unselect the current template as that clients global default.
(This is not the global default for the entire system, just for that user
23) On save of a form with new data there are a number of fields that have
associated tables that are supposed to update with this new data
automatically, they don't update.
24) User CASTLE the parts did not display in the lookup, this used to happen
pre V6 Domino as the lookup had a restricted size of 64K or something like
that. The display we were able to get eventually only shows global parts not
their selected parts. (There is no such thing as global parts)
25) I tried to create a line with a zero value, I got 2 lines instead
26) The display showed be mapped to 800 X 600 but it isn't not sure what but
it makes buttons and navigating very hard.
27) ADOBE 3.0 displays our graphics as black boxes yet V4.0 is ok, I assume
this has to with a rendition engine that creates the PDF files.
28) The Consignee field supports a phone number, always has, the database
accessed through admin or on lookup doesn't have a phone number field, it
29) The button design as we spoke about (i.e.: interface design) sucks and
so does the visuals, it is not intutative or clean, good example is layout
of the parts selection on the US invoice, the selection field comes after
some data fields, doesn't make sense.
30) The parts lookup selection works ok for small databases, for large ones
it doesn't do justice, there must be a better way to handle that data
selection process, we started to aim for windows like positional lookup as
our first lofty goal when we first started developing the app.
Currently the product runs on a Windows NT server environment and uses the open source Ghost script to create the PDF output. We are prepared to upgrade to Server 2003 or using existing i5 OS IBM mid range technology to run the product. Current product runs under Domino 6.0 pre release gold version, would like to move upto Domino 7.0 or newer version if possible.